Shiloh Rotherham is the lead charity in Rotherham who provide support to adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Role: Services Manager
Salary: £29,000 plus 6% pension contribution
Hours: 37 per week which may include unsociable hours as required to meet the needs of the Charity.
Place of Work: Shiloh Rotherham, 15 Station Road, Rotherham, S60 1HN
Holidays: 25 days per annum (up to a maximum of 30 days)
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Responsible for: 2 x Progression Co-ordinators & volunteers
Length of Contract: This is a permanent post subject to funding
Closing Date: 5pm on 27th January (ignore Charity Job advert deadline)
Shiloh Rotherham is a charity that offers support to adults who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. Our team of staff and volunteers work with partners to provide support services at our Support Centre, within the community and in the future, at our supported accommodation units. We offer a safe place where our guests will be accepted and supported throughout their time with us. We work alongside every guest of Shiloh, to help them to plan for and realise a better future. Our services include: Advice & Support, Catering & Practical Support, Employment & Skills and Creative Activities.
Founded in 1992 on Christian beliefs, the values of the Christian faith are at the heart of what we do. The name ‘Shiloh’ comes from the Bible where it is referred to as a place of refuge. We believe that Jesus cared for those in need, and we want to do the same. Our support is open to everyone regardless of their beliefs. Shiloh staff & volunteers are not required to be Christian, but as representatives of the Charity, they must be able to support and uphold Shiloh’s vision & values.
For everyone to have a safe place to call home and have the opportunity to live independently with a good quality of life.
Empower - We encourage guests to take personal responsibility for making positive changes in their lives.
Respect - We acknowledge service users as ‘guests’. This word implies a sense of invitation, welcome and a degree of mutual respect.
Partnership - We work jointly with other organisations to achieve the best outcomes. Guests and volunteers are central to the design, delivery and evaluation of our services.
Inclusive - We offer a welcoming, safe place where guests will be accepted and supported. Our services are free and offered without prejudice.
Our values are reflected in the way we run the organisation and deliver our support services. Within our Support Centre you will see biblical texts written on the walls, which reminds us of what God’s love looks like and inspires us to love our guests and each other in the same way.
The Services Manager will be responsible for the delivery and development of Shiloh’s support services. We are looking for an experienced Manager who is passionate about developing and supporting people to progress and achieve their goals. You will manage a team of staff and volunteers to offer guests appropriate support to help them to plan for and realise a better future. Our work is focussed on supporting guests to achieve their goals, with progression monitored using the homelessness outcome star.
We work closely with statutory agencies, other voluntary and community sector providers and guests to address factors that contribute towards social exclusion and deprivation. The purpose of the Services Manager is to work with partners and support the delivery of services at our Centre, in the community and in the future, at our supported accommodation units.
You will be responsible for delivering services in line with the targets and specifications of our funders and our internal performance indicators to ensure consistently high standards of care.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Be an inspirational leader for the organisation, so that it consistently strives to achieve excellence, and invites innovation and change;
2. Manage, support and motivate all staff and secure their loyalty and commitment to the charity’s aims, objectives and ambitions;
3. Seek out, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant organisations and individuals to promote the work of the charity and facilitate the implementation of its strategic objectives;
4. Lead by example, instilling a culture of professionalism and inclusion, supported by coaching, training and development;
5. Take overall responsibility for the planning, allocation and monitoring of workloads in your team, ensuring that they meet organisational and contractual targets;
6. To lead the development and implementation of co-production opportunities for guests to volunteer within projects;
1. Lead the effective delivery of services, managing the team to ensure each guest that is engaged, progresses with an appropriate pathway of support to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to live independently;
2. Lead the recruitment, training and management of volunteers and ensure they are highly motivated so that we can maintain the highest quality of service delivery;
3. Support your team to ensure accurate and timely data is recorded for guests to enable a robust impact assessment, delivery of funding contracts and the effective use of our resources;
4. Working with the Chief Executive, lead regular consultations with guests and partners ensuring the continuous improvement of our services;
5. Line management of the Progression Co-ordinators, and offering support to volunteers as required. Further line management duties are dependent on the recruitment of future staff in line with the charity’s business plan.
6. Assist with the provision of one to one advice and support with our guests as required, ensuring that they are engaged with the appropriate services to aid their development.
7. Provide relief cover for your team ensuring that appropriate levels of supervision are in place for Shiloh to operate safely and continue to deliver services.
8. To support staff and volunteers to uphold acceptable guest behaviour. If a guest appears visibly under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other substance, is unwell or acts in an unacceptable manner, to deal with the situation immediately, with tact and diplomacy and following appropriate Health and Safety protocols.
Partnership and Service Development
1. Develop and maintain relationships with partner organisations to ensure a range of appropriate support services are offered to guests, with particular focus on services delivered from our building;
2. Expand our network of referral partners to ensure adults who are most in need are successfully signposted to Shiloh at the earliest opportunity;
3. Adopt a creative and innovative approach to development, remaining open to new ideas and opportunities.
4. Support the Charity’s fundraising, marketing and volunteer recruitment efforts by assisting groups/partners to raise funds and by representing the Charity at external events/functions.
5. Support the development of the organisation’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to ensure that it accurately records and reports the services, activities and outcomes for guests.
6. Contribute to the development of Shiloh’s future supported accommodation units, taking responsibility for:
* The effective delivery of intensive housing management services for all residents;
* Liaising with external referrers to ensure that properties are allocated effectively according to
the needs of our guests;
* Managing the allocations and voids process;
* Managing the viewings and sign-up process;
* Reporting to the Chief Executive to ensure that properties are well-maintained and repairs
* Supporting the administration for the allocations and fee collections processes;
1. Support the development of the annual budget and manage your team’s expenditure in accordance with Shiloh’s policies and procedures, ensuring effective use of our resources;
Governance and Compliance
1. The Safeguarding and welfare of adults we support is our priority at Shiloh. This role will require the post holder to have responsibility and management for the safeguarding of adults receiving support at Shiloh in accordance with our safeguarding policies;
2. Lead and manage your team in accordance with Shiloh’s policies and procedures ensuring that Shiloh’s values are reinforced not only through service delivery but also within team relationships;
3. Oversee the catering services within Shiloh to ensure that the team deliver high quality cooked food and maintain the highest standards in regards to Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP);
4. Produce written service reports and updates for the board of trustees, ensuring that information is accurate and timely.
5. Carry out and review the service delivery risk assessments, ensuring that your team are informed of the outcome and that appropriate actions are taken to mitigate any risks.
6. Keep up to date with legislation and policies related to volunteering, ensuring that the charity is compliant and making best use of available resources.
1. Ensure that all responsibilities are undertaken in an effective and appropriate manner which meets the requirements of Shiloh Rotherham’s staff code of conduct;
2. Seek to continuously improve in order that the Charity delivers the best possible service to guests and partners;
3. Participate in internal/external meetings and training;
4. Participate in regular supervisions and annual appraisal with the Chief Executive;
5. Ensure that all Shiloh Rotherham’s Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times;
6. Work in accordance with Shiloh Rotherham’s culture, values, aims and objectives;
7. Act as a positive ambassador for the Charity at all times;
8. Undertake any other duties that may be reasonably required from time to time;
9. Acknowledging the need for professional sharing of information with relevant parties the Services Manager is required to maintain a strict confidentiality of information conveyed to them by the Chief Executive, Board of Trustees, staff, volunteers and external organisations.
10. This role is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and references;
• Educated to degree level in a relevant field or equivalent professional qualification
• Proven record of achievement in a senior position within a charity/not for profit organisation over at least three years
• Experience of effective partnership working and developing and managing external relationships
• Experience of managing, motivating and developing staff and volunteers
• Experience of project management and service delivery
• Financial management skills, including managing a budget
• Defining and implementing new processes and procedures
• Experience of financial and risk management
• Experience of delivering advice and support on a one to one basis
• Experience of training staff and volunteers
• Experience in the voluntary and community sector
• Experience of working with people who have been homeless or are at risk of homelessness
• Experience of managing supported accommodation services
Skills and knowledge
• Specific knowledge of issues affecting homeless adults including, housing, drugs & alcohol, physical and mental health issues
• An understanding of the approaches to trauma informed care and psychologically informed environments
• Inspirational leadership, management and motivational skills
• Highly organised and personally effective
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to persuade and influence both face to face and in writing
• Knowledge of the voluntary and community sector in Rotherham
• Knowledge of the food safety management systems and HACP.
• Empathy for adults facing personal difficulties which may result in homelessness
• Positive, pro-active and dynamic
• Inclusive and flexible, with a consultative approach to leadership
• Confident and assertive
• Ability to pursue the mission and objectives of Shiloh Rotherham with demonstrable passion, drive and commitment
• Committed to best practice and with a drive for continual improvement
The appointee will also be expected to be fully IT literate and have access to a car and hold a clean driving licence.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.