Since 1907, Improving Lives Plymouth has been working within the city of Plymouth and the surrounding area, delivering services and developing new ones to meet the needs of individuals, community and voluntary organisations.We describe ourselves as a small but perfectly formed organisation informing and influencing the quality of services delivered not only by us but also our partners in Plymouth.We operate across two hubs, our Mannamead Hub focuses on our Health and Wellbeing services whilst our Veterans and Family Hub and Information and Advice Service operate from our City Centre offices.
For many years the organisation has been led and shaped by our CEO and thanks to him and our excellent team, we have discovered how resilient we are during the recent pandemic. Our longstanding CEO retires in 2021, hence this recruitment.
The CEO of Improving Lives Plymouth (ILP) leads a progressive and responsive charitable organisation that has a big impact, wide reach and valued reputation.‘A business head with a charity heart’ is the hallmark of our CEO’s work and indeed, the organisation itself.Balancing the challenges and opportunities of today with ensuring a bright and sustainable future supporting people who need our help by leading a team of brilliant and committed staff and volunteers.
We are therefore looking for someone:
- with the rare ability to balance high level strategic priorities with key operational, organisational and financial activity
- who engages with a wide range of professional people; possessing the confidence, gravitas and social skills to speak with passion and integrity in a variety of settings and locations
- with a love of leading, inspiring and developing teams, identifying skills and potential in others and helping them to develop
- who is looking to further develop a culture and working environment which attracts and retains great people
- and who is values-driven and passionate about people, families and communities
We are working with Jackie Dawkins of Shine Charity Recruitment who will support and guide the Trustees to find and appoint our new CEO.For further information about the role and how to apply, please download the information pack.
- Closing Date30th October 2020
- First Interview (with Jackie Dawkins)W/c 2nd November 2020
- Second Interview and Assessment DayTuesday 8thth December 2020
- Final InterviewTuesday 15th December 2020