SHINE was first established in 1999 by a group of committed philanthropists who wanted to help improve education for the most disadvantaged children. Since then, SHINE has invested more than £27 million in programmes which have benefited almost a million children from 15,000 schools. Our vision is for all children to leave school with real choices in their future lives.
SHINE’s mission is to raise the attainment of children from disadvantaged backgrounds across the North of England. They do this by supporting innovations in education which have the potential to transform education outcomes for the most disadvantaged children.
Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, the Office Assistant will support the administration of SHINE’s grant-making through many duties such as aiding in office management tasks, supporting Programme Managers to track new queries for funding and helping to draft new funding agreements.
We are looking for a highly organised person who can work effectively as part of a small team whilst using their own initiative to manage their workload.
To support the administration of SHINE’s grant-making in the following ways:
- Booking venues for SHINE grantees for events and workshops.
- Tracking RSVPs and recording dietary and access requirements.
- Helping to draft new funding agreements.
- Formatting and printing key documentation including for Board meetings.
- Scheduling monitoring visits for other team members, including supporting travel logistics.
- Booking meetings and phone calls with SHINE’s Programme Managers.
- Supporting SHINE’s Programme Managers to track new queries for funding.
- Supporting SHINE’s Programme Managers to prepare briefing packs for key stakeholders.
- Administration of other grants-related tasks using SHINE’s CRM system.
In collaboration with SHINE’s Executive Assistant, the Grants Assistant will also support core administrative functions of the office, including:
- Directing phone calls.
- Directing queries to and from the [email protected] mail box.
- Assisting with other administrative tasks as appropriate.
How to apply
Please email a full CV plus a covering letter (of no more than 2 sides of A4), clearly evidencing your skills and experience against the job description and person specification. Due to the amount of interest we have received for this position we will be closing the application process at midnight on Sunday 21 July.
Please note, applications which are submitted without a comprehensive cover letter will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Wednesday, 7 August with interviews being held on Tuesday, 13 August.
Job Types: Part-time
Salary: £18,000.00 to £20,000.00 FTE
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.