Job Description - Personal Assistant
An adaptable, detail-oriented individual who will support Meenal Sachdev in her roles as Director of Shiva Foundation, Local Councillor in Hertsmere Borough Council, as well as assisting with any other projects and duties outside of her specific professional roles, including those of a personal nature.
Location: main office in Borehamwood with additional responsibilities in Holborn.
As Personal Assistant (PA) to the director, you will be a key member of the Shiva Foundation team. You will report directly to Meenal, and frequently engage with other staff members at Shiva Foundation. You will provide critical support to the Shiva Foundation leadership team in the fulfilment of its mission.
You will support Meenal with her duties as local councillor, including co-ordinating her activities and maintaining effective communication with advisors, local council, and the wider community.
You will assist in managing Meenal’s day-to-day life, including tasks of a personal nature.
There will also be an element of periodic events management that will require significant coordination.
Based on £30,000 per annum (salary to be calculated pro rata to accommodate PT hours)
Your responsibilities across each of these areas will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintaining Meenal’s calendar and serving as the interface of correspondence to those seeking time with her, both internally and externally; and providing Meenal with thorough and timely meeting preparation.
- Facilitating smooth and efficient communication between Meenal, Shiva Foundation staff, the local council, and any other individuals / organisations in her network.
- Drafting email correspondence, short proposals, reports and commentary on Meenal’s behalf.
- Preparing travel logistics, timesheets, and expense reports for Meenal and other senior team members as necessary.
- Supporting Meenal’s business development responsibilities, including pursuing leads, following up on meetings, etc.
- Providing other project management support and leadership to Meenal and the Shiva Foundation operations team as needed, including basic technology troubleshooting.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating Shiva Foundation, local council and other events.
- Supporting in a variety of operations team processes and logistics.
- Providing administrative and office support to Shiva Foundation senior staff.
- Coordinating engagement for Shiva Foundation’s senior staff, including phone conferences, video-conferences, and in-person meetings.
- Managing Meenal’s email account and phone line where necessary.
- Organising events, booking appointments, and other duties of a personal nature.
- Any other reasonable tasks that Meenal may request.
- Organised and meticulous approach to your work: You thrive in a fluid work environment that requires multitasking, attention to detail, and constant adaptation. You are dedicated to letting no ball drop, deftly juggle multiple tasks, and feel happiest at work when you have all your tasks in order.
- Sound judgment: You are well-regarded for your judgment and are known for making reasoned, well-thought out decisions even in the face of limited or conflicting information. Your ability to respond appropriately to sensitive information has earned you a reputation as a deeply empathetic and trustworthy colleague/peer.
- Flexibility: You know that providing quality support always begins with careful planning and execution. Yet in the face of unexpected challenges you are known for maintaining a positive attitude, quickly and adeptly reorienting yourself to find a new solution.
- Proactive. You are someone that thinks a few steps forward and deals with issues before they become apparent.
- Exceptional communication skills: Your written and verbal communications evidence clarity in both thought and analysis.
- Ease with technology: You’re a technophile, and when given the opportunity to work with a new program or application, you quickly become fluent.
- Mission orientation and drive: It’s in your nature to work tirelessly on a problem until you’ve seen the solution through to your complete satisfaction. You’re driven to make an impact. You may have a personal interest in human rights advocacy and/or politics.
- Growth mindset: You’re always seeking to better yourself and your work, and you will push yourself to the peak of performance to help fulfil our mission. In service of that growth, you welcome feedback from supervisors and peers.
Start and interview dates
Interviews will be conducted w/b 2nd March 2020.
Please note, we would like the role to start on 16th March 2020.
Please apply by sending one PDF document containing the following documents in order:
- Your CV;
- A cover letter explaining why you would like to work for us and why you would be suitable for this role (1 page max.) and
- A writing sample which may be an article, blog, report or note you have written on any topic (5 pages max.). Please note, we will not accept academic writing samples.
The deadline for applying is 11.59pm on 24th February 2020.
Please save this PDF in the following format ‘[First Name]_[Second Name]_PA Application’. Please note any incomplete applications or incorrectly labelled applications will not be considered.
Please note applications will be assessed on a rolling basis and so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.