Main duties and key responsibilities
Fundraising within Business Area 95%
- Supporting the Head of Community Engagement in the fulfilment of the team strategy and objectives.
- Working with the Head of Community Engagement to plan and implement strategies to maximise income and sustainable support from all community sources.
- Managing community partnerships and support valued community events, with the support of local volunteers and ambassadors.
- Identifying opportunities for cross-team working and handover potential fundraising leads to other teams within fundraising.
- Maintaining and developing an accurate database of activities to enable the effective reporting, monitoring and analysis of community activity and achievements.
- Contributing to the wider fundraising activities of the organisation, working closely and in co-operation with other members of fundraising and the wider charity.
- Actively promoting good donor care and engagement with new and existing supporters, to encourage ongoing support and donations.
- Produce mailings as appropriate to relevant income streams.
- Give talks and presentations to Community groups/small businesses/schools and support volunteers to give such presentations.
- Managing an ongoing programme of volunteer ambassador recruitment and training and ensure that the ambassador team receive regular learning development.
Budgeting and Innovation Support 5%
- Provide support to the Head of Community Engagement in the budgeting process throughout the year
- Keep up to date with charity wide innovation, best practice and policies in relation to Community Fundraising
- The post holder will be working in a developing environment and he/she will therefore be expected to undertake other appropriate duties as required for the effective operation of Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
- The post holder will need to travel extensively throughout the catchment area of Shooting Star Children’s Hospices.
- The post holder should be prepared to attend events and meetings throughout the catchment area which may be at weekends, early morning, evenings or weekends – such flexibility is essential (toil – time off in lieu will be given)
- Professional Codes of Conduct
The post holder will be required to respect professional codes of conduct and practice relevant to their role, as appropriate.
- Health and Safety
The post holder will be responsible for health and safety in the area under their control and ensure that they are familiar with Shooting Star Children’s Hospices policy on health and safety at work.
- Mandatory Training
The post holder will attend all mandatory training relevant to their role
- Our values and behaviours
Shooting Star Children’s Hospices is a leading children’s hospice charity for babies, children and young people with life – limiting conditions, and their families. We require that all of our staff share our common values and display behaviours that will enable us to achieve our goals.
Professionalism – we will safeguard our families, each other and our organisation by working to ethical and professional standards at all times.
Respect – We will treat each other with the utmost respect.
Integrity – We will be open, honest and transparent in all that we do.
Diversity – We will respect individuality and ensure inclusion and fairness to all.
Excellence – We will strive for excellence in all that we do.
Person specification: Qualifications, experience and skill levels
· 5 GCSEs Grades A-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English - Essential
· Fundraising qualification- Desirable
· Demonstrable experience in fundraising, marketing or sales - Essential
· Community Fundraising - Desirable
· Experience of public speaking - Desirable
· A proven ability to work proactively identifying new contacts and opportunities for development - Essential
· Strong ability to network - Essential
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively - Essential
· A creative thinker; ability to find and recommend solutions quickly and efficiently - Essential
· A confident speaker with good presentation skills - Essential
· Excellent planning and time management skills - Essential
· Good level of IT skills - Essential
· A strong team player - Essential
· Have an understanding of the not for profit sector - Desirable
· Valid UK Driving License & Car - Essential
· Ability to remain calm under pressure and manage stress in a positive and solution focused manner
· Highly motivated & enthusiastic self-starter
· Ability to motivate and facilitate supporters to maximise the funds they raise. Inspire new supporters to raise money while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.