Head of Communications & Marketing
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, we’re looking for someone who can lead the Communications & Marketing team and work collaboratively with teams across the hospice, senior leaders and trustees to help meet the goals of our new strategy. You will be passionate about all areas of marketing and communications and will have a proven track record in delivering successful communication and marketing plans.
Head of Communications & Marketing Key Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead, inspire, develop and manage the Communications & Marketing team enabling them to achieve key digital marketing, PR, brand and communication objectives
- Set the agenda for the strategic direction and delivery of all aspects of communications and marketing for the charity
- Develop, implement and evaluate marketing and communications plans for campaigns and events across Shooting Star Children’s Hospices to drive audience engagement and participation
- Bring the hospice to life through stories that will engage existing and new supporters into taking an action
- Bring new ideas for raising the profile of Shooting Star Children’s Hospices to potential supporters living within the area we serve
Head of Communications & Marketing Requirements:
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity you should have a strong track record of working at a senior level leading a successful, high-performing Communications & Marketing team. You must have proven experience of delivering and evaluating compelling communication and marketing plans that reach set KPIs, and extensive experience of both digital platforms and more traditional press and print.
Strong storytelling skills are essential, and you should be able to use insights and analytics to inform ideas and plans. You will be expected to join leadership team meetings as and when required, so you must have experience of working with senior members of staff and be able to contribute to the charity at a strategic level. Strong interpersonal skills are paramount, and you must have the ability to manage multiple work-streams. Given the current climate, you will need excellent knowledge of the digital landscape and have the confidence to be innovative.
About Shooting Star Children's Hospices:
We’re a leading children’s hospice charity delivering outstanding care to children with life-limiting conditions, and their families, living across Surrey and 15 London boroughs. We support families from diagnosis to end of life and throughout bereavement with a range of nursing, practical, emotional and medical care. Whether lives are measured in days, weeks, months or years, we’re here to make every moment count.
Location: Hampton, TW12
Job type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract (12 months - maternity cover)
Salary: circa £40,000 per annum
Closing date: 18 December 2020
Interview dates: From w/c 14 December 2020
You may have experience of the following: Head of Communications and Marketing, Head of Communications, Head of Marketing, External Communications Manager, Communications Manager, External Communications, PR Manager, Marketing Manager, Marketing Operations Manager, Senior Marketing Manager, Marcomms, Marketing Communications Manager, etc.