Are you a retail professional from either the commercial or not for profit sector looking to make a difference?
We’re looking for a commercially minded Shop Manager to support real commercial success in our Weybridge, Surrey Shop. In this varied and exciting role you will be instrumental to making sure the shop is at the hub of the local community, acting as the face of Cancer Research UK and raising public awareness of our campaigns. You’ll be responsible for the day to day running of the shop reporting into the Area Manager.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Achieving agreed sales targets and maximising profit, increasing the overall contribution of the shop to the Charity
* Generating quality donated goods to increase income through Donated Stock and Gift Aid
* Effectively recruit, develop and retain staff
* Analyse shop financial data to take the appropriate action, helping the Charity increase profit ratio from 27% to 36%
* Minimising stock loss of new goods through effective management and control
* Creative freedom & autonomy over visual & design displays
Cancer Research UK is leading pioneering, life-saving research and our long-term ambition is to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person, and our 1,100 retail staff work relentlessly every day towards this goal.
Now we need a Shop Manager who is customer service orientated, has a strong ability to build effective relationships with shop teams and volunteers and has a proactive attitude. You’ll have strong commercial awareness, a good understanding of budgeting and forecasting and enjoy using your sales skills. You’ll also have an ability to analyse data, draw insights and make recommendations to ensure the shop hits its targets.
Does this sound like you? Join our collective force and help us lead the way through your...
* Appreciation and understanding of retail operations
* Good knowledge and experience of using computers
* Significant knowledge and understanding of high street retail fashion
* Solid experience of managing a diverse team of people
Our relentless drive towards beating cancer means that we are constantly trying new avenues, which means you will be innovative and open-minded to new ways of working.
You can find out more about our Retail Teams and what it's like to work in our shops by visiting our website or by downloading a candidate pack below.
Closing Date: 15th January 2017 23:55
Please note - to meet the needs of the business we require someone who is prepared to work overtime, including on days that are not your normal working days, to cover holiday and absences in the shop or in other local shops as otherwise stated. This may also involve travelling to other shops, the distance of which will depend on the shop location, cost, travel time, mileage and method of travel used.