An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the SHRUB Coop team as Wee Spoke Hub Coordinator!
Salary £25,000 p.a, full time 35 hours / week
Fixed term contract to 31 October 2021 – extension subject to successful funding bids
Application Deadline: 9am 24th November 2020
To develop and coordinate the Wee Spoke Hub bike project’s operations, activities, partnerships, volunteer processes, and monitoring and evaluation; to build an engaged and active hub which works to facilitate access to active travel in Central Edinburgh.
The post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made.
SHRUB is a non-hierarchical member-led Cooperative with a large and enthusiastic community of volunteers who are essential to the delivery of our aims. As a part of the SHRUB team, your day to day work will also involve the necessary strategic planning, decision-making, problem-solving and volunteer management which enables SHRUB as a whole to thrive.
Successful applicants must have experience and skills in the following areas:
- Educated to HNC / HND, plus 2 year’s relevant work experience - or equivalent
- Project development and coordination in the Active Travel or Social sector
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver to agreed deadlines and budgets
- Ability to compile and analyse data for effective project reporting
- Able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, funders and local community, and communicate about activities and achievements
- Experience in managing, delegating to, and empowering teams of volunteers
- Strong experience in bicycle maintenance / repair and high level of practical knowledge
- Ability to communicate and teach in an inclusive, non-stigmatising and respectful way, with a high level of empathy and respect for people coming from a range of backgrounds and experiences
- Good knowledge of Active Travel and low carbon living issues
- Able to work on own initiative and organise own time / workload
- Full proficiency with Google Accounts and familiar with Microsoft Office e.g. Excel
About the Wee Spoke Hub
The Wee Spoke Hub is an inclusive and welcoming bike workshop where we empower you with the skills and tools to repair your own bicycle and engage with confidence in Active Travel. You can find us at 13 Guthrie Street. The Wee Spoke Hub is part funded by Smarter Choices Smarter Places, which is Paths for All’s programme to increase active and sustainable travel throughout Scotland. The programme is grant-funded by Transport Scotland.
About SHRUB Coop
We’re a community-focused cooperative in Edinburgh working for a world without waste! We empower our community to live a low waste and low carbon life. Become a member and learn to fix a bike, swap your preloved things, enjoy some rescued food and be inspired by new ideas.
How we work
SHRUB Coop is organised non-hierarchically and strives to provide an inclusive and empowering experience for all staff, volunteers, and members in our community. We have a staff team who coordinate around 350 volunteers across the organisation to deliver all our activities through working groups.
To apply please email us your application by 9am on 24/11/20 attaching a single PDF document comprising a maximum two A4 pages response detailing how your knowledge, skills and experience fit the essential and desirable criteria of the job.
You may insert a maximum one page Covering Letter in front with a maximum two page CV pasted at the end of the same document as an appendix. The panel will shortlist on the basis of essential criteria with secondary weight given to desirable criteria.
Please give as the document filename: SURNAME - Wee Spoke Hub Coordinator with the same subject line of the email to help us keep track of applicants.
Interviews will be held on 02/12/20 online via Zoom. We will be looking for the successful applicant to start on or as soon as possible after 05/01/2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.