Are you a dynamic individual who can develop, lead and grow our volunteer strategy, community engagement and access technology support in Surrey? Do you thrive on working with people, helping to empower them to use their skills and experiences to help others in the community? Do you want to make a difference at a local Surrey charity?
We are seeking a hard-working, driven and flexible individual to develop, lead and grow our volunteer and community engagement team and collaborate with our access technology trainer on increasing our IT support to clients.
Sight for Surrey is an ambitious charity offering a lifetime of support to people who are blind or partially sighted, Deaf, deafblind or hard of hearing. Our mission is to support people to overcome their day-to-day challenges, achieve their potential and lead an independent life. We are a countywide charity based in Fetcham, near Leatherhead.
Main duties include:
- Line manage our Volunteer, Community Outreach and Access Technology teams
- Work with various partner organisations, building relations while exploring possible funding/joint working/event opportunities whilst supporting the Outreach team.
- In collaboration with the Access Technology trainer, develop the Sight for Surrey IT access technology service to clients using volunteers to support
- Review and develop the SfS policies for volunteering and ensure volunteers are up to date with our relevant policies, legislative requirements and our needs and requirements
- Ensure records including Disclosure and Barring Service applications and car insurance are managed appropriately and volunteers adhere to volunteering best practices
- Monitor the quality and safety of service delivery by volunteers
- Oversee and support the recruitment and training of new volunteers
- Work with SfS staff on new initiatives that will require recruiting specialist volunteers
- Develop networks and partnerships with other agencies working with volunteers
- Ability to work flexibly according to the business need which may include evening and weekends
In view of our Social Care activities, our aim is to have a fully vaccinated workforce, and we encourage and support our workers to protect themselves with available vaccinations.
This role will be part-time 30 hours per week. Full time is 36 hours and full time annual leave entitlement is 28 days per annum. For further details of the role please see the job description. The post holder will require a Disclosure and Barring Service check which we will arrange. Applications will be reviewed on receipt. The listing may be closed early if sufficient applications have been received.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.