About the role
We are looking for an experienced Campaign Officer to help us develop and build our Bangladesh national campaigns and contribute to our work around global policy change as part of the global campaign strategy. This role will report to the Advocacy and Communication Coordinator and Campaign Lead. Key duties will include:
- Providing support in delivering the Bangladesh national campaign strategy and campaigning related activity
- Supporting the implementation of relevant ‘campaigning’ technical capacity within Bangladesh country office and partners
- Stakeholder management and external relations
- Evaluation and reporting
- Financial and resource management sharing
- This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable knowledge and experience of delivering policy change as well as a working within a team to deliver influencing strategies that achieve high level policy change. To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Knowledge and experience of working with a wide range of campaigning techniques, including online and offline public mobilisation and recruitment
- Experience of equipping audiences, including global audiences, with the tools needed to engage with campaign activities including campaign actions
- Experience of using digital campaigning tools and platforms
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders and the media of Bangladesh.
- Knowledge of key stakeholder including government policies and procedures related to disability, health and education.
- Advocacy skills
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Bangla
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place from 13 June 2022 onwards and the evaluation process will include a role-specific practical task.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
Due to project deadlines, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible so applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: 5 June 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.