Contract: Fixed Term Contract until 31 March 2021
Hours: Part time, 3 days a week
Flexible working arrangements between office and home
Sightsavers is seeking a creative, committed and experienced Communications Officer to help raise the profile and awareness of the Strategy Refresh process. This is an exciting time to join Sightsavers and this position will play a key role in keeping teams across the organisation and external partners up to date with the evolution of the strategy refresh, responding to requests as well as proactively sharing new information, as the work evolves.
Working closely with colleagues from across Sightsavers, including collaborating with other communication teams and colleagues, you will design and deliver an effective and engaging communication plan for the strategy refresh.
As Communications Officer you will utilise your creative skills to create engaging content and strategic communication materials for a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and support the development of strategic communication materials.
You will be passionate about creating content and telling stories across multiple channels, with experience and understanding of communications, design and content. You will be able to write clear and engaging content for a range of channels and audiences and will demonstrate the ability to think creatively and present complex information in an engaging way.
Other responsibilities include:
- Acting as first point of contact for all strategy refresh communication requirements and requests
- Identifying and evaluating communications tactics
- Developing content for presentations, reports, information briefs, newsletters, websites, blogs, case studies, videos, social media or other digital/printed assets
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in overseeing the design and development of creative communication materials (on and offline)
- A degree in a relevant field (for example Communications), or equivalent experience
- The ability to support teams and clients to develop strategic communications plans and tactics
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and stakeholder requirements
- Ideally, you will have experience of working in a communications role for NGOs, INGOs or charities, although this is not essential
- Some knowledge of global health, International Development and organizational strategy would be beneficial
Due to ongoing travel restrictions we are only able to consider candidates who are currently based within the UAE.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description for further details.
Closing Date: 21 June 2020
Interviews: Expected to take place the week commencing 6 July and you may be asked to provide examples of your work. Due to the current Covid-19 situation, for the safety and peace of mind of potential candidates and of Sightsavers staff, all interviews will be held remotely.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please follow the below link. Please be aware that you will be prompted to include your CV or Cover Letter, please ignore this. Only information included in the online application form will be considered.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.