Salary: £44,000 - £56,000
Sightsavers is an international charity which works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We work in more than 30 countries in some of the poorest parts of the world. We are committed to recruiting, training and ensuring the wellbeing of a diverse workforce.
About the role
The Information Security Manager will provide advice and guidance to protect Sightsavers’ computers, networks and data against threats, such as security breaches, computer viruses or attacks by cyber-criminals. The Information Security Manager is also responsible for ensuring Sightsavers’ Cyber Essentials certification and Payment Card Industry compliance.
Reporting to the Controller of Governance and Assurance, the Information Security Manager will lead on the adoption of cyber, data governance and information security standard practices and procedures and provide internal and external threat assessments, identifying the best ways to reduce information security risks.
Key duties will include:
- Management of the Information Security Team (Information Security Analyst) and Sightsavers’ Information Security Strategy
- Ensuring that an effective patch and update management system is in place for Sightsavers’ systems
- Identifying areas at risk within the business
- Identifying threats and providing authoritative advice and guidance
- Providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) guidance to information security related audits and reviews
- Providing advice and guidance for information security issues (internal, external and client driven) for all areas of confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data
- Responsibility for Sightsavers maintenance of industry information security standards including (but not limited to):
- HMG Cyber Essentials scheme
- Conducting investigations, analysis and review following breaches of information security controls and preparing recommendations for appropriate control improvements
- Providing advice and guidance on information governance, including data retention and data classification, access control, data transfers and data mapping
This is a really varied and involved role – please read the job description for further details
This is an ideal opportunity to help to develop security solutions for a fast-growing, diverse global organisation. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Extensive experience in information security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent
- Experience of implementing quality standards (e.g. ISO27001) or an information security standard or framework in a complex operating environment
- Detailed knowledge of PCI-DSS
- Experience of working within an outsourced service provision environment
- A track record of developing strong working relationships, with a wide range of stakeholders
We celebrate diversity. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are encouraged to apply. We also particularly welcome applications from people of colour.
In addition to being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance and pension, family-friendly policies, an employee assistance programme, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts. Our offices in Haywards Heath are fun, inclusive and collaborative with quiet spaces and lovely facilities including showers, kitchens and a place for your bike! We can offer flexible working which means the opportunity to flex working hours around personal commitments and the majority of the work can be done from home if preferred.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our collaborative, modern offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW). We anticipate that this might be perhaps one or two days per week.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place w/c 20 June 2022 (we can be really flexible with timings).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.