Sightsavers is looking for a Learning and Monitoring Manager – Trachoma to help us deliver a coordinated and integrated approach for the elimination of trachoma.
Salary: £40,000 - £46,000 depending upon experience
Location: UK remote - with weekly travel to Haywards Heath
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked and some home working
About the role
We are looking for a Learning and Monitoring Manager to gather and synthesize programme information across countries in order to feedback into country programmes to improve programming, contribute to preferred practices and document the story of elimination.
You will join at an exciting time for Sightsavers and our work trachoma programmes, ensuring that evidence-based strategies become embedded into routine health practice and policy. Key duties will include:
- summarising regular qualitative and narrative programme reporting
- supporting on the collation and reporting against the required trachoma indicators under each programme
- providing input into improvements and integration of the current monitoring and data systems
- overseeing the accurate and timely analysis and consolidated reporting of programme data
- establishing and maintain a system to gather learning from the Sightsavers trachoma programmes.
- ensuring learning is documented and shared internally to support improvements in programme quality
- identifying opportunities to share learning, externally and contributing to global preferred practices and wider learning across the NTD Department and Sightsavers teams
- managing the implementation of programme monitoring frameworks during programme implementation.
- establishing and operating assurance activities
- supporting the roll put and documentation of operational research
This is an ideal opportunity to utilise your technical ability in programme monitoring and stakeholder skills. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrable and extensive relevant work experience/ educated to degree level.
- Masters in a relevant field e.g. monitoring and evaluation, development, public health or statistics would be beneficial.
- Substantial and demonstrable experience gained within the international development sector.
- Demonstrable experience in programme monitoring and learning generation; ability to manage large, complex pieces of work and to produce key deliverables on time.
- Understanding of the international development/not-for-profit sector.
- Experience of producing analytical reports or contributing data to external communication materials for a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of disaggregation of data would be an advantage.
- Experience in understanding and responding to the complexities of working across multiple countries in multiple thematic areas.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
This is an involved role, please read the job description for full details.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers offers some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts. If you choose to work in or are visiting our collaborative, modern office space, you will find it an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please note that there will be an expectation that you visit our modern and collaborative offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW) once per week.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place on 13 and 20 June 2022 and the evaluation process will include a practical task to be completed by shortlisted candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.