Sightsavers has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager to join the Disability Inclusive Development Fund Management Team (DID FMT)
Location: Haywards Heath, UK (flexible locations and working arrangements within the UK may be considered)
This is a key role in a proactive and motivated fund management team. The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager will support the Associate Programme Director in the strategic direction of the DID Programme’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) strategy. They will be responsible for its technical direction, implementation and continuous improvement as well as the delivery of quality quarterly and annual reporting to FCDO.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager will lead a team of two Officers and a network of 11 technical MEL consortium partner representatives. They will direct the MEL team to that monitor, manage and support projects to progress and adhere to DID MEL requirements and processes throughout the project life cycle. They will work with the MEL Network to ensure the project M&E frameworks align to the MEL strategy and support achievement against the programme M&E results framework, theory of change and the DID business case.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager will further develop and implement DID’s adaptive management approach that guides its oversight and reporting system of over 20 active projects.
This is a really involved role with a detailed job description which may be found by following the application link. The post holder will work in close collaboration with the Associate Director on partnership, contract and risk management and developing MEL for inclusive programming as applicable and is expected to travel up to 10 weeks per year.
The Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Manager will
- direct, implement and improve the DID programme’s MEAL strategy and its processes, tools and guidance
- be responsible for the management of the DID oversight and reporting system that supports the delivery of its adaptive management approach and donor reports
- develop and implement the DID programme’s data quality assurance processes, guidance, tools and activities to ensure robust Results Framework reporting
- manage the DID MEL Team, Lead the MEL Network and significantly contribute to the DID FMT’s programme management and DID programme governance groups
We are looking for an experienced, creative, insightful and proactive individual to provide strategic and technical MEL support and guidance. You will have:
- experience working in the international development, the humanitarian sector and/or relevant sector. Experience in a management role with direct reports preferable.
- experience in project management and programme monitoring, evaluation and learning with the ability to manage large, complex pieces of work and to produce key deliverables on time.
- experience in developing, rolling out and continuously improving MEL systems, process, tools and guidance.
- experience in complex stakeholder management or consortium management is an asset.
- an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
- experience of producing analytical reports or communication materials for a wide range of audiences.
- experience in understanding and responding to the complexities of working across multiple countries and continents in an international development organisation.
The ideal candidate will be educated to at least degree level in a relevant field (international development/ relations, public health, education, gender studies, human geography or policy) and ideally to Master’s degree level with a strong grasp of disability inclusion.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place on 17, 18 and 19 November 2020 and are keen to make a recruitment decision soon after this.