Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract (with the aim of renewing)
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Sightsavers is seeking to recruit a Programme Assistant to support a European Union funded inclusive education project in Chinsali zone, Muchinga Province. The Tusambilile Chapamo project will ensure that children with disabilities have increased access to a continuum of quality, inclusive education. As Programme Assistant will be responsible for managing daily activities and supporting the delivery of the project with key stakeholders at local and national levels. You will be based in Chinsali district and will work closely with the Disability Programme Officer. You will be an important point of contact for those involved in this new project.
About the Programme Assistant role
You will support the effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and asset management, reporting and documentation of the programme as well as providing support for preparations for meetings, data collection, workshops, trainings and audits. You will also support partners and establish and maintain positive relationships with community stakeholders.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Programme Officer, or someone with relevant experience who is looking for the next step in their career. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of all aspects of project management within a community development programme and have an understanding of Inclusive Education.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Programme Officer Social Inclusion
- Degree or above, or relevant experience, in a relevant field, e.g. Education, Social Sciences. Development Studies, Public Health)
- Knowledge of all aspects of project management within a community development programme.
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain
- Experience of engaging with partners like Government line Ministries, organisations of persons with disabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of local language
- An understanding of and commitment to the realisation of the rights of people with disabilities
- Experience of working within an INGO environment
- Experience of working with children with disabilities will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Zambia Education System
The Programme Assistant is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Closing date: Sunday 31 January 2021
Interviews are likely to take place mid-February.
As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please click Apply Here