Title: Programme Officer (Neglected Tropical Diseases)
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Office location: Senegal
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Sightsavers Senegal Country Office is excited to be recruiting an NTDs Programme Officer who will provide programme and strategic support to the Accelerate Project supporting the elimination of trachoma in Senegal.
As the NTDs Programme Officer you will take overall responsibility for coordinating district level activities and some strategic national level activities jointly with the program manager working under the direction of Country director. You will support project implementation in line with SAFE strategy, ensuring the objectives are met through proper implementation and quality assurance. In collaboration with the Ministry of Health NTD office you will implement and monitor actions to improve efficiency and quality of project implementation.
The NTD Programme Officer will also ensure adaption and adoption of preferred practices, support the NTD team of the Ministry of Health to develop and use quality standard indicators/checklist on outreaches during monitoring visits, and develop transition plans for all endemic districts.
Further duties also include;
- Support Program Manager to facilitate annual and quarterly planning to ensure that plans meet the targets set out in the project proposal.
- Support WASH data and coordination activities using the WASH/NTD data tool.
- Support activities to fight against other NTDs.
- Ensure submission of timely programme reports as per agreed format and timelines.
- Supported by the Finance Officer/FSSM, and in coordination with all partners, maintain the risk management matrix.
- Work with the Ministry of Health and partners on how to interpret and use data/findings to guide decision making.
- Support the Sightsavers NTD Technical Hub to proactively analyse and submit NTDs and WASH related data.
- Contribute with Program Manager and Country Director in collaborating and networking with Ministry of Health (MoH) and other stakeholders, to ensure support for dossier preparation, transition and sustainability of the programme.
As the successful candidate you will have a degree (or equivalent) in Health, Project Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies and/or Public Health. You will have extensive working experience in a similar role, preferably within an INGO, have a background of engaging with Government line Ministries, possess experience of designing/managing health programmes at district or national levels and have technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading PCT NTDs. Fluency in English is essential.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description for further details
Closing date: 13 December 2020
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.