Sightsavers is an international charity organisation working with partners in developing countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for disabled people. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Business Integration Programme (BIP).
As an organisation, we are operating in an increasingly more complex and riskier environment, so it is critical that we run a tight procure-to-pay (P2P) end to end process, ensuring all key risks we face in trading with third parties are effectively mitigated. Initial reviews have been conducted in 2020, both from a procurement (third party onboarding and management) and payment perspective. The P2P Process Review & Systems Upgrade project will bring together the conclusions of both reviews and further the work to implement a robust, properly documented and understood end-to-end P2P business requirements and underlying processes, both centrally and locally, supported by adequate system(s) that provide a transparent and complete audit trail in support of decisions at key stages of the process.
About the role
The Project Manager will take project management responsibilities for this project under the direction of the Business Integration Programme (BIP). The key objectives of the BIP are to review / redesign the organisation’s data architecture, strengthen the implementation framework and capabilities to support process improvement work and the implementation of new systems, ensuring proper integration and consistency of approach.
- Documentation of Business Requirements for the P2P process in consultation with business owners and stakeholders
- Detailed process mapping of Sightsavers’ P2P end to end process with identification of gaps and any opportunities for improvement
- Development of key systems’ requirements for technology solution(s) required to support the end to end P2P process
- Evaluation of potential technology solutions by conducting a Request for Proposals (RFP) process
- Development of a full Business case with proposed approach, costs, timelines, preferred solutions etc.
- Successful implementation of selected technology solution(s) and agreed process improvements
We are looking for individuals with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities in combination with strong communication and interpersonal skills. You will have:
- extensive working experience as a Project Manager including project lifecycle & budget management
- proven experience in financial systems and process projects
- a strong technical background with understanding in systems development and configuration
- relevant certifications such as Prince2, APM, MSP, Change Management would be a definite plus
This as an involved role and further details may be found within the job specification
Working at Sightsavers
Sightsavers offers a supportive and inclusive work environment. Although there is no requirement for this role to be based in our offices, when they reopen, you may like to occasionally work from there. In addition to being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by following the link.
We anticipate that remote interviews (via Microsoft Teams) will be held in mid to late April.