Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
About the role
Sightsavers is growing its new programmatic area in economic empowerment which supports businesses to become successful employers of people with disabilities, and supports people with disabilities to develop skills, confidence and experience to successfully gain work. The programme portfolio is growing at a rapid pace with projects being designed and implemented in numerous countries across Africa and parts of Asia.
As the Project Officer you will support the Economic Empowerment project to manage activities and relationships with key stakeholders, and ensure that the project is planned, implemented, coordinated, monitored, evaluated, and adapted to the highest possible quality standards.
Project Officer key duties and accountabilities include:
- Work with the country project management team and other funding / resources partner to coordinate implementation of activities and sharing of lessons learned.
- Manage all aspects of the project cycle with the partners including effective planning, start-up, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, financial and asset management, reporting, documentation and closeout.
- Liaise and work with the Global Technical Leads (Disability Inclusive Economic Empowerment) and other internal expertise as required.
- Support tool development/adaption e.g., participant database, tracking entrepreneurs, ILO tool, Three Circles Tool, informed consent forms, surveys, feedback forms, participant registration forms.
- Support learning and adaptation through developing and implementing tools, events and processes e.g., learning logs, action learning groups, qualitative and quantitative data collection tools, analysis and dissemination of performance data.
- Document learning and adaptation to feedback into project design, implementation, evaluation and ToC reviews; and to project team, global teams including MEL team and GTLs and to external stakeholders such as partners and participants.
- Identify partner organizations with whom Sightsavers can work to achieve the project and organization’s strategic objective of ensuring that people with disabilities have equal rights and opportunities through both service delivery and advocacy.
- Support project partners in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Be proactive in providing good quality information on case studies and interesting news stories relating to the project to support preparation of fundraising materials and advocacy materials.
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
As the successful candidate you will have experience with labour market issues including labour market assessments, skills training/development, internships, employer engagement, disability inclusion, job placements and job fairs. You will possess a background/qualification in social sciences, education, development studies, public health or equivalent, or another relevant field.
- Familiarity with national legislation and policies in the field of disability, human rights and employment.
- Significant experience implementing projects, including experience of the disability sector and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience in project monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Experience of designing, managing and carrying out advocacy work for social inclusion/disability projects.
- Experience providing technical assistance to other organizations.
- Knowledge of current issues and best practices in disability, UNCRPD, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and employment is desirable.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of current issues and best practices in disability, UNCRPD, the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and employment.
Closing date: 21 August 2022
Due to an expected high response for this role the advert may close on the 14 August 2022.
We anticipate that in person interviews will take place from the week commencing 22nd or 29th August (depending on advert close date) onwards and the evaluation process will include a task and oral interview.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
Due to the project workshop taking place on 12th September, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible, but we are able to accommodate any notice period that needs to be adhered to.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.