Title: Regional Field Support Supply Chain Manager (WARO)
Location: West Africa Region
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Sightsavers is excited to be recruiting a Regional Field Support Supply Chain Manager for our West Africa Regions to deliver support to our Country Offices (COs) with procurement and the application of the PSC Quality Management System (QMS) and to deliver Good Distribution Practice (GDP) standards, to ensure the safeguarding of our beneficiaries of pharmaceutical products.
As the Regional Field Support Supply Chain Manager you will work with the Controller PSC to develop and deliver a model for support to Sightsavers Country Offices and programme teams in procurement and supply chain management, support COs in the application of PSC QMS and to understand UK and National regulations and EU guidelines, develop solutions to programme supply chain manager at field level and provide expert advise to Regional Director, Country Director, Programme Directors and Senior Managers.
This is a field-based role that will drive the process of continuous improvement by;
- Developing a risk based, implementation training plan and priority visit/engagement schedule to reflect RD priorities and those within the PSC QA Road Map 2020-21
- Providing close and robust support to COs, visit countries frequently to enhance performance and compliance, support, and build capacity of teams and partners.
- Auditing external suppliers as part of due diligence across all product categories of the PSC QMS
- Leading the capacity building implementation of COs in line with the PSC QA Road Map, developing a workplan for review and approval by Controller PSC
- Being available for COs concerning any matters related to the SC, aspects of GDP, supplier qualification and deputise in the absence of SCMs
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders as required
- Assisting the QAM in maintain the controlled documents regarding 3rd Country supplier qualification, including review and updates of local suppliers
As the successful candidate you will have be educated to degree level (or equivalent) with a profession qualification in Supply Chain or Logistics, have experience in implementing and overseeing complex large-scale supply chains (such as DFID funded programmes), have a background in regional and pan-African programmes and have extensive experience in a similar supply chain management role that involves pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, and stores in the international development sector.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills, please read the complete Job Description here for further details
Closing date: 31st January 2021
Sightsavers works to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. Our vision is of a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes, and where people with disabilities participate equally in society.
We are truly committed to creating an inclusive culture which values and recognises diversity as something that will only ever make an organisation better. We encourage anyone to apply who possesses the qualities and behaviours outlined or who believes they have the propensity to learn them fast. You will be joining an inclusive and supportive team who welcome people from all backgrounds.
Sightsavers does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.