Salary: c. £33,000 FTE - salary will be pro-rated for part-time hours
Location: UK remote - with occasional travel to Haywards Heath, when required
Hours: This is a part-time role (2.5 - 3 days per week) with some flexibility around hours worked and some home working
About the role
We are looking for a well organised and experienced Finance Officer with a proven track record of delivering to deadlines in a busy and dynamic environment. This is a varied role that will process transactions, perform reconciliations, and help ensure that financial controls and policies are followed across the charity and its trading subsidiaries. Key duties will include:
- Supporting the Subsidiary Finance Manager in ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of all financial records and the preparation and delivery of the subsidiary statutory reports and external audits within agreed timetables.
- Assisting with the monthly close process of the subsidiary ledgers, preparing recurring monthly journals to deadline.
- Performing reconciliations of the subsidiary ledgers to review non-bank balance sheet and key profit and loss accounts monthly to ensure the accuracy of the monthly management accounts, maintaining appropriate documentation to support the audit.
- Preparing necessary journals to rectify and clear incorrect or irrelevant balances and mis-postings in the subsidiary ledgers
- Monitoring and actioning the subsidiary finance service desk tickets
- Liaising with the group accounting team, treasury team and subsidiary offices to ensure accuracy of information in the subsidiary ledgers and efficiency of processes.
- Driving continuous improvement
This is an ideal opportunity to build on your existing finance and accounting experience within a supportive and proactive team. We are looking for an individual with a high level of IT (Information Technology) skills, especially in integrated accounting and reporting platforms. You will have strong written and oral communication skills and be comfortable communicating with a range of stakeholders. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Previous experience in finance and accounting areas
- Previous experience of performing reconciliations
- Understanding of the International Charity Sector and regulatory environment.
- A relevant professional accounting qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) or be part qualified with relevant experience
Please read the full job description for further details..
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers offers some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts. If you choose to work in or are visiting our collaborative, modern office space, you will find it an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying. Please note that there will be an expectation that you can occasionally visit our modern and collaborative offices in Haywards Heath, West Sussex (RH16 3BW). We anticipate that this will be perhaps two days per week during the induction phase, reducing to perhaps once a fortnight. This role could be worked five mornings per week or other working patterns could be considered.
Remote interviews will take place w/c 20 June 2022 and the evaluation process will include a finance-specific task to be completed by shortlisted candidates in advance of this.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.