Signal supports people who are Deaf, have hearing loss or tinnitus, in the UK and internationally. We aim to break down barriers to inclusivity. We do this by challenging perceptions and improving access to healthcare, education, employment and services.
Are you an aspiring people photographer who would like to gain experience capturing social moments? Volunteer photography is a rewarding way to contribute to a cause you care about while fine-tuning your skills. Working with Signal’s staff, volunteers and the general public you will take high quality photos at events and activities, such as hearing screening sessions, social Deaf groups, fundraising events, Deaf awareness training and British Sign Language courses. With your friendly attitude you will ensure that photo consent forms are filled in and help us build a stock of images for our social media, website, blog and printed marketing materials.
Location: Shropshire, with a focus on Shrewsbury
Hours: Ca. 2 hours per week. Most of our events and activities will take place 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
What we offer
▪ The opportunity to develop your skills as a people photographer and experience of working with a client
▪ All photographs used on our website and social media credited with your name
▪ The prospect of building experience for a CV – we give references for committed volunteers
▪ The chance to make a vital contribution to an organisation that is passionate about supporting people who are Deaf, have hearing loss or tinnitus
▪ Paid travel expenses
▪ A branded Signal T-shirt
What we ask from you
▪ Age 18 or over
▪ Have your own quality camera
▪ Friendly, with good communication skills
▪ Can provide a character reference
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.