Camden and Islington ex-offender Resettlement Worker
About the role:
The Camden & Islington PRS Ex Offender Team is a new team which will provide flexible housing related support to clients who have recently been released from prison within 12 months. The service is delivered in a manner that is respectful of service user’s racial, cultural and/or religious backgrounds and respects individual dignity.
The provision of support is for Ex-Offenders who require accommodation via the private rented sector, Support workers will work in partnership with both Camden and Islington local authorities to source and procure suitable private rented accommodation across London and offer on going support to ensure tenancies are maintained for a minimum period of 12 months.
The successful candidate with have the opportunity to work from home, our Islington office and the Islington probation office on a rota basis.
The overall aim of the service is to reduce the risk of homelessness, by providing intensive support to prevent tenancy breakdown, and promote independence and social inclusion.
- Experience of working in a client centred support service with vulnerable people, with an ability to devise, deliver and maintain high quality support through quality ongoing risk and needs assessments.
- The proven ability to effectively liaise with a range of external service providers and agencies and in order to share information about or improve services to clients.
- The ability to manage a flexible caseload , including being self motivating, have excellent time efficiency, the ability to prioritise different areas of work according to need and work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience of working within a strengths and recovery based model. Proactively engaging and motivating people to move towards an appropriate level of independence and inclusion.
- An understanding of Private Rented Sector and Pre Tenancy Support.
- To have a good standard of computer literacy to input data accurately, communicate effectively through emails and produce good quality minutes and records of meetings, client interaction and letters.
- A demonstrable understanding of some of the issues that can arise when working with vulnerable people with a range of backgrounds and support needs including: Offending Behaviour, physical and mental ill health, problematic and/or dependant substance use.
Single Homeless Project is a London-wide charity. Our vision is of a society where everyone has a place to call home and the chance to live a fulfilling life.
We help single Londoners by preventing homelessness, providing support and accommodation, promoting wellbeing, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change. From supporting people in crisis to helping people take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 10,000 lives every year across all 32 boroughs.
We offer you more than a job; we offer you a chance to be part of a compassionate, driven team that's committed to making a real difference in people's lives. You'll have the opportunity to lead, co-create, and inspire change while enjoying a collaborative, growth-oriented environment.
Join us in creating a brighter, more hopeful future for individuals in need.
Closing Date: Sunday 3rd December @ midnight
Interview Date: Friday 15th December
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six month's probationary period
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.