Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
We are excited to deliver a brand new service working at the forefront of tackling homelessness in London. Embedded into Islington Housing Options team, this new service will support single adults with low to medium needs to help prevent or relieve their homelessness and then sustain their tenancies.
Based in Islington councils offices on Upper Street, as a Caseworker you will be responsible for assessing applicants needs and then producing and delivering highly effective support plans, to achieve the applicants housing goals. To be part of our new service we are looking for experienced and highly motivated individuals, who can hit the ground running and work to ensure that we really have an impact on our clients lives.
To be successful you will also have:
- An understanding of working in floating support services; with a demonstrable knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation.
- Experience of delivering high quality, structured and time limited interventions that prevented or relieved homelessness.
- Experience of completing in depth assessments and producing planned co-produced support plans focused on setting and achieving goals.
- Ability to work in close partnership with external agencies and effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
Interviews to be held on: 10th December 2019
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 28 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects has been commended for their work.