We are excited to deliver services in Islington, Enfield and Waltham Forest working at the forefront of tackling homelessness in London. Working with the Housing Options teams, these services support single adults to help prevent or relieve their homelessness and then sustain their tenancies.
Single Homeless Project is a London-wide charity. Our vision is of a society where everyone has a place to call home and the chance to live a fulfilling life.
We help single Londoners by preventing homelessness, providing support and accommodation, promoting wellbeing, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change. From supporting people in crisis to helping people take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 10,000 lives every year across all 32 boroughs.
As a Caseworker, you will be responsible for assessing applicant's needs and then producing and delivering highly effective support plans, to achieve the applicant's housing goals. To be part of our service we are looking for experienced and highly motivated individuals, who can hit the ground running and work to ensure that we really have an impact on our client’s lives.
To be successful, you will have:
- An understanding of working in floating support services, with a demonstrable knowledge of Housing and other related legislation.
- Experience of delivering high quality, structured and time limited interventions that prevented or relieved homelessness.
- Experience of completing in depth assessments and producing planned co-produced support plans focused on setting and achieving goals.
- Ability to work in close partnership with external agencies and effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies; in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure, and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need.
Closing date for applications: 30th January 2022 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: 7th February 2022
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.