Day Concierge- Lewisham YP
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
At SHP (Single Homeless Project), you’ll be part of one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities, a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
SHP was founded by a group of homeless people in the mid-1970s and more than 40 years on, we still try to look at the world through our clients’ eyes, putting their needs and viewpoints at the centre of everything we do. Above all, we believe that, no matter what challenges they face, everyone we work with has the capacity to take control of their lives and shape their own futures.
Do you enjoy working front of house? Please apply to join our new youth services reception team at Lewisham.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have a genuine passion for working with people
- Are reflective and can respond positively to challenges
- Adaptive work approach to fit around the various needs of the young people we work with.
- Have a flexible, resilient, thoughtful, therapeutic approach to their work.
- Must be self motivating and energetic.
- Must be creative and innovative in the way you think and equally apply those qualities to your working practice.
- Willing to work in shifts, that could be early or afternoon /evening cover
If you like the sound of this and you think you have what it takes we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the Apply button for further information.
Closing date: Monday 6th June 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
SHP is IIP accredited and an equal opportunities employer. Our attractive benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days (plus eight paid Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will Contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
- Regular support and development focussed line management supervision
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), available to all staff
- Paid carers' leave and compassionate leave
- Sick leave, up to three months full pay then three months half pay
- Generous maternity leave (16 weeks full pay and up to 24 weeks half pay) and four weeks paid paternity leave, depending on length of service
- Interest free public transport season ticket loan (after six months)
- Tax exemption for ’cycle to work’ scheme and payroll giving