We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual with experience of working with clients who have a variety of needs, to join our exciting, busy and dynamic Floating Support team. This is a great opportunity for any individual who is looking to take their first steps into management.
SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
As the Deputy Team Manager, you will be working alongside the Service Manager to run the day to day operations of Redbridge Floating Support Service; which covers the entire borough of Redbridge (Ilford). You will also have direct line management accountability for a team that is made up of varying roles, including Floating Support Workers, Support Assistant and Social Work Students.
Can you demonstrate the following?
- A creative approach to working with clients with multiple needs to prevent homelessness.
- A working knowledge of the recovery & strengths model and other professional practises related to a generic needs client group.
- The ability to respond calmly to crisis and deal promptly, effectively, safely and creatively to complex and challenging situations.
- Ability to support, manage, lead, motivate and develop an outreach and community based team.
- Ability to manage and develop stake holder relationships including those with statutory services.
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you.
At SHP we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and are committed to having a workforce that is made up of diverse individuals, skills, experiences and abilities. Due to current under –representation at management level, we particularly encourage applications from individuals within our Black and Asian communities.
Closing date: 26th October 2020 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held: 3rd November 2020
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects was commended for their work.