In response to the growth and increasing diversity of our business, we have created this additional post. We are now seeking a skilled Finance Assistant to fill the position and join our Finance team.
Single Homeless Project is a London-wide charity. Our vision is of a society where everyone has a place to call home and the chance to live a fulfilling life.
We help single Londoners by preventing homelessness, providing support and accommodation, promoting wellbeing, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change. From supporting people in crisis to helping people take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 10,000 lives every year across all 32 boroughs.
As the Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring transaction processing for both accounts payable and receivable, is completed accurately and in a timely manner. Working alongside another Finance Assistant, you will share responsibility for ensuring suppliers are paid on time and rent accounts are updated to reflect payments from clients.
The ideal applicant will possess some technical knowledge in the field and experience of working in a business setting, ideally within a finance team. You will also have good Excel skills combined with the ability to handle and present large volumes of data. Additionally, you will have exceptional attention to detail, be competent at managing conflicting deadlines and possess good communication skills.
For more information and to apply, please click on the Apply button.
Closing date: 19th September 2021 (at Midnight)*
Interview date: w/c 27th September 2021
This post will require a Basic DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
*Please note that we may close this vacancy early, if we receive a large number of applications.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.