Single Homeless Project is a London-wide charity. Our vision is of a society where everyone has a place to call home and the chance to live a fulfilling life.
We help single Londoners by preventing homelessness, providing support and accommodation, promoting wellbeing, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change. From supporting people in crisis to helping people take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 10,000 lives every year across all 32 boroughs.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join our Generic Floating Support Team which is part of our Multidisciplinary Floating Support Service in Islington.
The Generic Team supports vulnerable adults to address their housing-related needs, improve their quality of life and achieve independence. This will include help with benefits issues, mental and physical ill heath, hoarding and antisocial behaviours. Where appropriate this will be done in conjunction with external, partnership agencies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting a caseload of up to 28 clients. Your focus will be on tenancy sustainment and homelessness prevention. To be successful, you will have good interpersonal skills with an ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds and life experiences.
Closing date: 31st July 2022 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: 11th August 2022
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six month's probationary period
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.