We are looking to recruit highly motivated and committed people to join our high performing, friendly and supportive housing support teams, who pride themselves on the difference they make to our clients lives daily.
SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London- from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
In October 2018 we entered a brand-new partnership with MTC Novo and the National Probation Service, (NPS) to deliver a pan London housing support service. With our staff co-located in probation offices, we have been providing a high-quality housing advice and access service across the entire NPS London Division. We also work in close partnership with probation to support medium to high risk offenders to either sustain their current accommodation or secure new housing as needed.
As a Housing Advice Worker, you will be joining our team, to deliver housing advice and guidance to medium-to-high support clients. Working with clients in your local boroughs you will produce comprehensive and high-quality assessments on the clients support needs; particularly their housing, employment and financial needs and accordingly follow the most suitable pathway for them.
To be successful for this post, you will need to have:
- An understanding of working in supported housing or floating support services, with a demonstrable knowledge of Housing and other related Legislation
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to vulnerable people/client group(s).
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of service providers or agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- An understanding of the principles underlying a quality service and customer focused
- Ability to be self-motivating, work under pressure, and manage and prioritise time effectively.
Housing Advice Workers are based in Probation offices all over the London boroughs, the current vacant posts will be located at: 1x Lambeth and Wandsworth and 1x Merton, Richmond and Kingston. You will be located between a maximum of two offices and work closely with Probation staff.
Closing date for applications: ongoing recruitment
First round of interviews to be held on: 16th April 2020
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects has been commended for their work.