How to apply
The HR Advisor is a key member of the HR Department, providing advice on a wide range of people management issues, including absence management, performance management and employee relations. You will work in partnership with operational line-managers providing solution focussed advice which supports SHP to deliver a high quality of service to clients. The role offers real diversity and variety across the employee life cycle and while focussing on advice and case work, will also include policy writing, leading on specific projects and some HR administration.
You will be CIPD qualified or have relevant, equivalent experience and have a combination of strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills – and the resilience to work within a busy team providing a service to support our client work.
In return, you will be part of a team of committed, supportive HR professionals and in an organisation that strives to live its values and believes everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life. There will be the scope to get involved in a variety of HR Projects and to develop and contribute your professional HR expertise. Other benefits include generous annual leave entitlement, pension contributions and flexible working. This role would equally suit an HR professional who is keen to develop their career or to contribute their already gained experience in an organisation that transforms lives.
At SHP (Single Homeless Project), you’ll be part of one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities, a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
SHP was founded by a group of homeless people in the mid-1970s and more than 40 years on, we still try to look at the world through our clients’ eyes, putting their needs and viewpoints at the centre of everything we do. Above all, we believe that, no matter what challenges they face, everyone we work with has the capacity to take control of their lives and shape their own futures.
For more information and to apply, please click on the Apply button.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 2nd May 2019
Interviews to be held on Monday 13th May 2019
SHP is IIP accredited and an equal opportunities employer. Our attractive benefits package includes:
· Competitive starting salary
· A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
· 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days (plus eight paid Bank Holidays)
· A contributory pension scheme: SHP will Contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
· Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
· Regular support and development focussed line management supervision
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), available to all staff
· Paid carers' leave and compassionate leave
· Sick leave, up to three months full pay then three months half pay
· Generous maternity leave (16 weeks full pay and up to 24 weeks half pay) and four weeks paid paternity leave, depending on length of service
· Interest free public transport season ticket loan (after six months)
· Tax exemption for ’cycle to work’ scheme and payroll giving