Team: Pan London Offender Service
Location: Pan London
No. of Vacancies: 1
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to join our high performing, friendly and supportive team that prides itself on the difference they make to our clients lives on a daily basis.
We work in partnership with MTC Novo and the National Probation Service (NPS) to deliver a pan London housing support service. This contract involves SHP providing a high quality housing advice and access service across the entire NPS London Division. We work in close partnership with probation to support medium to high risk offenders, to either sustain their current accommodation or secure new housing as needed.
As the Lead Floating Support Worker you will be joining a dedicated team, to deliver intensive support to medium-to-high support clients. Working with clients across your patch, you will support a caseload of up to 20 clients for a maximum of 12 weeks. Support will be focused on core objectives with the aim of delivering effective interventions that the client can sustain going forwards.
To be successful, you will have:
- An understanding of working in supported housing or floating support services with proven knowledge of housing and other related legislation
- Ability to deliver high quality, structured and time limited interventions that have a lasting impact on clients’ lives.
- Experience of managing complex and difficult situations in relation to vulnerable client group(s).
- Ability to effectively liaise with a range of service providers or agencies; in order to establish or improve services for clients.
- An understanding of the principles underlying a quality service and customer focused, with proven ability to empower service users.
- Ability to be self motivating, work under pressure and manage time effectively.
Closing date for applications: Midnight, 23rd October 2019
Interviews to be held on: 31st October 2019
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 28 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects has been commended for their work.