SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
Our Housing Services department is expanding their maintenance team, with the development of a Maintenance Contracts Officer role. We are looking for a self motivated individual who has good administration skills to support the Maintenance Manager with overseeing approved suppliers and contractors for our accommodation services.
To be successful, you will have the ability to work with minimal supervision, be proactive, prioritise tasks and work within a value for money approach whilst achieving good quality works. You will also have strong communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with people at all levels. Experience of procurement and brokering contracts for services would be desirable
Ultimately, we are looking for someone to join our team who will shares our values and is able to support wider staff teams and clients, to ensure they receive quality services from external contractors.
Closing date for applications: 14th June 2020 (at Midnight)
Interview to be held on: 22nd June 2020
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects was commended for their work.