How to apply
SHP is looking for a specialist Recruitment and Resourcing professional to fill our new role of Recruitment Manager.
The Recruitment Manager will lead the centralised recruitment function (a team of two administrators) within the wider HR&OD Department and work closely with recruiting managers across SHP's diverse range of London based services.
The successful candidate will have the vision and expertise to transform our recruitment and selection strategy and the methods we use to recruit new staff, the influencing and communication skills to embed effective and ethical recruitment practice across SHP and the hands-on organisational and operational skills to deliver an effective service in a busy and always changing environment.
We'll expect the right candidate to bring their recruitment and resourcing expertise to a number of current, important objectives and projects, such as developing effective recruitment campaigns for new trainee programmes and reducing our reliance on agency and locum staff and we'll expect them to have the analytical skills to be able to monitor, evaluate and report on progress.
In summary, we're looking for someone who will join in SHP's mission to prevent homelessness and transform the lives of vulnerable and socially excluded people and help us to achieve it through developing an excellent recruitment function.
At SHP (Single Homeless Project), you’ll be part of one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities, a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
SHP was founded by a group of homeless people in the mid-1970s and more than 40 years on, we still try to look at the world through our clients’ eyes, putting their needs and viewpoints at the centre of everything we do. Above all, we believe that, no matter what challenges they face, everyone we work with has the capacity to take control of their lives and shape their own futures.
For more information and to apply, please click on the Apply button.
SHP is IIP accredited and an equal opportunities employer. Our attractive benefits package includes:
· Competitive starting salary
· A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
· 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days (plus eight paid Bank Holidays)
· A contributory pension scheme: SHP will Contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
· Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
· Regular support and development focussed line management supervision
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), available to all staff
· Paid carers' leave and compassionate leave
· Sick leave, up to three months full pay then three months half pay
· Generous maternity leave (16 weeks full pay and up to 24 weeks half pay) and four weeks paid paternity leave, depending on length of service
· Interest free public transport season ticket loan (after six months)
· Tax exemption for ’cycle to work’ scheme and payroll giving