Senior Housing Services and Income Officer
We’re seeking a skilled and dedicated individual to join the Housing Services Team as a Senior Rent Income Officer. In this role, you will play a vital role in supporting our accommodation service teams in maximising rental income and ensuring that SHP is performing against management agreements through timely and accurate performance reporting.
About the role:
As the Senior Rent Income Officer within the Housing Services Team, you will be responsible for supporting the work of the accommodation service teams and wider organisation through the scrutinising of rent accounts for accuracy, seeking approval for rent adjustments where needed and providing teams with specialist support and guidance around benefit and welfare support updates by facilitating rent surgeries directly with the accommodation based service teams.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that legal actions are managed accurately and to strict timelines to minimize risk and financial loss to include the monitoring of a small caseload of semi-independent accommodation stock in which no on-site support is provided.
- You will have proven experience of effective rent collection performance, with the ability to recognize and take corrective actions for self and others where performance is lower than target.
- A proven ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload, working to meet deadlines and performance targets.
- An understanding of legislative framework relating to housing management and the welfare benefits system.
- Experience of strong partnership working and understanding of Management Agreement arrangements with Registered Providers.
- Experience of providing housing management support, including an understanding of effective assessment of needs and risk associated with the client group within a semi-independent accommodation.
- The ability to effectively provide a senior support role within the team, ideally with experience of coaching or training support to achieve team objectives.
We love what we do and we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of the people we work with.
Single Homeless Project grew out of an understanding of the needs of homeless and socially excluded people in London, and 40 years on, this remains the driving force shaping the organisation today. We work with our clients as equals in a spirit of trust and mutual respect, trying to put their needs and views at the centre of everything we do.
As employees our clients are our greatest asset, we strive to maintain a culture in which they are supported and listened to, developing services in a responsive and flexible way which draws on the energy, commitment and expertise of our people.
We offer you the opportunity to be a part of a focused, driven team in which we pride ourselves on our ability to support teams directly working with our clients to achieve a positive move on to more independent accommodation for the clients they are working with through the completion of tenancy related tasks, including the management of rent payments.
Join us in creating a brighter, more hopeful future for individuals in need whilst supporting the organisation to reach it’s financial potential.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th November 2023
Interview Date: Friday 8th December 2023, online via Microsoft Teams
This post will require a standard DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six month's probationary period
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.