Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have experience of youth work and delivering quality services to young people? If the answer is yes, then read on
The team within our Greenwich Young Peoples’ Accommodation Services, delivers a high quality support service to young people with a range of complex and enduring needs. This is specifically in relation to leaving care, offending behaviour, gang affiliation and anti-social behaviour.
SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
Reporting to the Service Manager, your role will require you to lead and motivate the team to deliver a service that empowers our young people, to achieve their aspirations and make positive and sustainable life changes. You will also work to ensure that each young person has an individual package of support with an up to date support and safety plan, as well as regular formal and informal key-working sessions.
We are looking for someone who is ready to learn how to supervise and support the team, within a strengths and recovery framework and has the capacity to develop their management skills.
You will also be able to:
- Manage the delivery of a service to young people with a diverse range of needs; including offending history, gang affiliation and homelessness.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders.
- Motivate and support a team through change in order to meet local priorities.
- Develop and build on our structured opportunities program specifically for young people.
Closing date: 30th November 2020 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held: 10th December 2020
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects was commended for their work.