Specialist Housing First Worker
Team- Female Ex-Offender Housing First Team
No. of Vacancies-2
Salary-Starting at £26,567.00 incrementally rising to £29,094.00 per annum
As a pioneer in the delivery of Housing First in England, SHP has a long history of innovative service development. Now we are looking to develop a new Housing First service that will work with some of the most vulnerable female ex-offenders as they are leaving prison.
The existing housing support for people leaving prison tends to focus on people able to maintain a tenancy independently; those with complex needs are generally placed in B&B accommodation with insufficient support or, worse still, have no accommodation at all.
The evidence suggests that two thirds of homeless ex-prisoners offend within a year. Additionally, the women are often extremely vulnerable to gender based violence and exploitation when living on the streets. We want to help break that cycle for female ex-offenders and give them the home they need to establish a new life and to choose the support to help them build a sustainable future.
We are seeking individuals who are enthusiastic, dynamic, innovative and have a real passion for supporting females within the Housing First Model. If you think that is you, then join us as part of the brand new team that will be shaping this new and innovative service.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 17th September 2019
Interviews to be held: TBC
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 28 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects has been commended for their work.