Sports Coordinator - Charity
Our Sport and Health team has two exciting opportunities for you to join them, in working to engage those, experiencing homelessness into physical activity and improving their quality of life.
SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment.
As a Sports Coordinator, your role will include delivering activity sessions across a variety of services and working with the Sport Lead, to ensure the successful roll out of freelancers and volunteer's support. You will also help to expand the reach of sports and exercise across SHP's services and residents. Furthermore, you will be involved in helping to expand the reach of the programme, forming partnerships with like-minded organisations and charities within London and advocating for the importance of physical activity within the homeless sector.
The approach taken with clients will be psychologically informed, incorporating an understanding of Personality Disorder, complex trauma and addiction. The outcomes for your role, include developing positive and sustained relationships of trust with clients, supporting them to engage in regular physical activity and see an improvement in their overall health.
To be successful, you will have:
- Demonstrable knowledge of fitness trends, applications, and implementation.
- Sports and Coaching qualifications relevant to the sector.
- Demonstrable knowledge of motivating and supporting vulnerable adults into sport and exercise.
- Ability to develop and deliver structured group-based physical activity sessions.
- Ability to advocate for the importance of physical activity within our services.
Closing Date: 2nd June 2021 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: 13th June 2021
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and are IIP Silver accredited.