We are excited to deliver services in Islington and Enfield at the forefront of tackling homelessness in London. Embedded in the local authority Housing Options team the services provides support to single adults with low to medium needs to help prevent or relieve their homelessness and then sustain their tenancies.
SHP (Single Homeless Project) is one of London’s leading homelessness prevention charities and a dynamic and growing organisation changing 8,000 lives every year across London - from supporting people in crisis, to helping them take the final steps towards independence and employment
Based in either Islington or Enfield's council offices, as a Team Manager you will be responsible for the management of a team of front line staff producing tailored and client focused personal housing plans to achieve clients housing goals. We are looking for experienced and highly motivated individuals, who can hit the ground running to ensure that both services achieve positive and lasting impacts on our client’s lives.
To be successful you will also have:
- Experience working within services that actively prevent and relieve homelessness and sustain tenancies in the community.
- A proven track record in relation to developing the skills and practice of others with the ability to motivate and manage a quality service focused on achieving defined outcomes.
- A working knowledge of the homelessness sector with a strong understanding of homelessness legislation and the duty of local authorities.
- Experience of co-ordinating the work of a number of individuals or agencies to get tasks completed on time and to specification.
- Experience of working in close partnership with a wide range of statutory and voluntary specialist agencies in order to establish or improve services for clients.
Closing date for applications: 5th May 2020 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held on: 13th May 2020
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: SHP will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
SHP is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed, a Stonewall Diversity Champion and IIP accredited. In the London Homelessness Awards 2019 one of our Projects was commended for their work.