Trainee Project Worker - Homelessness
We currently have a great opportunity for you to join us as a Trainee Support Worker, within our adult complex needs services and start or develop a career in our sector.
Our Redbridge Accommodation Services consists of 4 hostels specialising in supporting people with a history of rough sleeping and homelessness. These complex needs supported accommodation services, provide temporary and longer-term accommodation for people who may have associated difficulties relating to mental health, substance and alcohol use and trauma and domestic abuse.
Single Homeless Project is a London-wide charity. Our vision is of a society where everyone has a place to call home and the chance to live a fulfilling life. We help single Londoners by preventing homelessness, providing support and accommodation, promoting wellbeing, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change. From supporting people in crisis to helping people take the final steps towards independence and employment, we make a difference to 10,000 lives every year across all 32 boroughs.
As a Trainee Support Worker, you will provide support to enable clients to achieve the objectives in their support and action plans which they create together with their key worker. The role will include supporting clients with routine tasks to help them achieve their goals relating to training, education or employment and independent living skills. This is a varied and rewarding role in a committed team that works with clients, to develop their independent living skills and promotes social inclusion in the community.
Through your training you will learn how to provide support to clients, which will enable them to achieve the objectives they have jointly created in their support and action plans. Through the implementation of our Recovery Programme and psychologically informed approach, you will also learn to:
- Support and prepare clients for move on to accommodation appropriate for their support needs.
- Encourage social inclusion by working with service users to build and develop confidence and life skills.
You do not need to have previous or formal experience working in an accommodation-based service, as we are seeking people with transferable skills, strong interpersonal communication skills and experience gained from a varied background; who will demonstrate a commitment and passion for the work that we do.
In return, we will provide you with a comprehensive induction, a structured training programme and plenty of opportunity to learn on the job; through formal training, reflective practices and from experienced colleagues
As a Trainee Support Worker will be expected to work flexible hours which will involve working early, late and occasional weekends.
Closing date: 5th November 2021 (at Midnight)
Interviews to be held: 14th November 2021
This post will require an Enhanced DBS check to be processed for the successful applicant.
Our attractive benefits package includes:
- A salary increase after successfully completing six months.
- A 37.5 hour working week including flexible working hours (core hours are 10am – 4pm) in non-accommodation services
- 25 days annual leave, increasing annually to the maximum 30 days (plus paid Bank Holidays),
- A contributory pension scheme: Single Homeless Project will contribute the equivalent of 5% of your annual salary
- Staff Health Cash Plan and discounts scheme
- Comprehensive and integrated training programme designed specifically to develop the skills and knowledge involved in our work
Single Homeless Project is actively committed to equal opportunities and the promotion of diversity and inclusion, in all of our services and workplaces. We are also Disability Confident Committed and are IIP Silver accredited.