Skating Panda is a strategic and communications consultancy that enables organisations to change today in order to change the world tomorrow. We work with corporates, start-ups, academia, NGOs and civil society to make impact on the big issues of our time, purposefully, profitably and with relevance.
We are the bridge between the business and non-profit worlds, using our deep knowledge and experience from one side to benefit the other. We call this Positive Growth.
In the role of Media and Communications Manager, you will work across a variety of not for profit and corporate high impact projects and campaigns. You are dynamic and considered, with an eye for a story, a strong track record in building relationships with journalists and executing successful client facing campaigns.
Working with key members of the business you will play an important part in creating Skating Panda’s external affairs work-stream, developing and implementing PR, content and social media strategies for issue-based, purposeful campaigns targeting consumer, business and policy audiences.
The role offers a person driven by a real desire to use their skills to see positive change in the world the opportunity to work with colleagues from a number of different disciplines. We are looking for a tenacious person who thrives on developing engaging stories and innovative ways to communicate with the public to deliver coverage and impact.
The role includes:
- Being responsible for day to day activity across a number of major client relationships, developing, presenting and delivering PR recommendations for a range of organisations. Also talent and influencer securing and management.
- Collaborating with the business unit Directors to drive external affairs for clients, be that across government, media or partnerships
- Seeking out and securing organic and other (client and partner) growth opportunities.
- Being one of the external ambassadors of Skating Panda, representing and marketing it appropriately.
- Driving Skating Panda’s communications delivery and be the custodian of its communications assets on a day to day basis.
- Actively contributing to a vibrant working culture such that employees are fulfilled and work well together.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in planning and creating content for key audiences across all channels, including owned and social channels.
- Experience of working on campaigns with a social impact, ranging from not for profit to corporate clients across national and regional media in an agency environment or in-house as a service unit
- Strong and accurate written communication skills
- Experience of developing or implementing proactive strategic media outreach plans whilst also remaining vigilant for reactive opportunities for multiple clients
- Proven ability to engage with and manage influencer relationships
- Proven track record in securing, working with and managing influencers on behalf of clients.
- Understanding of relevant government bodies for various issues and how these can be facilitated to help raise profile for clients
- A solid network of contacts in leading news outlets in broadcast, print and online
- Ability to translate client expectations into relevant media strategies and sell in plans
- A creative approach to launch moments, PR’able stunts and story creation
- Global perspective with well-developed points of view on current trends in global / regional geo-politics / socio-political dynamics / environmental issues and how they relate to a client’s category and brand.
- Solid understanding of one or more particular issue area from the charity / NGO world. Dynamic and able to talk with knowledge and authority on an area/areas.
- Knowledge and experience of paid media is desirable
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.