Working as part of the Smart Communities team you will deliver professional advice and support and project delivery to a variety of clients. Typical clients include community groups from diverse ethnic backgrounds as well as other community organisations, social enterprises, private sector and statutory organisations.
- Delivering consultancy projects either individually or as part of a team to include the tasks described below.
- Working with the Somerset Diverse Communities team to support community groups from diverse ethnic backgrounds to develop their activities and structures to enable them to flourish.
- Enabling community based organisations to develop their skills and confidence in bid writing, governance, finance and planning so they can thrive and grow.
- Identifying income opportunities through your work and informing your line manager, contributing to developing bids/projects.
- Contributing towards the overall strategic aims of the organisation.
- Implementing a work programme as agreed with your line manager to meet the key performance indicators.
- Taking part in training that is relevant and appropriate to the post as approved by your line manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Bid writing support and fundraising
- Assisting organisations to develop funding plans for their projects or activities.
- Offering guidance on and write funding bids for clients.
Community engagement and consultation
- Identifying and promote relevant funding opportunities to clients.
- Carrying out community consultation projects as required by clients. This should be carried out in the most appropriate way to ensure it is inclusive, effective and robust.
- Writing reports as part of project delivery that are well written and fulfill the project brief.
- Plan, manage and deliver specific projects as required.
- Deliver community consultations for a wide range of organisations including social enterprises, charities, parish councils, community buildings, and statutory bodies.
Information and Promotion
- Working with the team to promote and market Smart Communities services.
- Produce regular articles or blogs for the Smart Communities website and social media.
- Provide and deliver training events on relevant topics as appropriate.
- Keep up-to-date with national and local issues, trends and developments, which are relevant to the job role and likely to influence the work of Smart Communities.
- Represent and promote the work of Smart Communities with current and potential clients, funders, statutory bodies, businesses, social enterprises and voluntary sector organisations, partners and communities including representation on relevant bodies.
- Support the development of the Somerset Social Enterprise Network.
- Be an active member of the Smart Communities team and to share knowledge and information with colleagues.
- Signpost enquiries to appropriate support and guidance if Smart isn't the right organsation to help.
- Liaise with and represent the wider CCS group.
- Assist the Business Development Officer, the Smart Communities Manager and the Development Manager to tender for pieces of consultancy work, designing and drawing up proposals and contracts using our templates and processes.
- Deliver consultancy projects to budget, in time and to the brief agreed.
- Support social enterprises to enable regeneration, social change and improve quality of life.
- Complete weekly timesheets.
- Undergo an annual appraisal and regular supervisory sessions.
- Attend regular team meetings (in person and online).
- Attend the organisations events.
- Attend other local, regional and national events as appropriate.
- Travel to office on a regular basis.
- Access to a reliable broadband connection.
- Full current driving licence and access to a reliable car insured for business purposes.
- Able to attend occasional evening / weekend meetings with communities as required.
*This role is home based and flexible working. Attendence at the CCS office in Taunton and county wide travel will be required*
To apply please submit your CV and a (maximum 2 page) covering letter detailing your interest in this position and how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.