PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will need to be available to start with us at the end of August/beginning of September 2022
At Smart Energy GB, we aim to engage and communicate with the whole of our diverse nation about the smart meter rollout across England, Scotland, and Wales. We are an independent organisation set up by the government to deliver the national public engagement campaign, raise awareness of smart meters and drive the adoption of this technology in everyone's homes. Smart meters are essential building blocks in the creation of a cleaner, greener energy system for the future.
We are looking for a passionate and detail-orientated Website Manager, with experience in online content management systems and analytics software, as well as campaign management and personalisation tools, and a background in Search strategy, to join us in our London office on a 12-month contract! Your task will be to oversee the website and its content to ensure it provides a seamless journey for our campaigns, directing the audience to relevant journeys within energy supplier websites to book a smart meter installation, as well as providing journeys for those looking for information about smart meters. You will work closely with our media agency and Search Manager to optimise SEO and PPC and keep our web content top of smart meter searches.
- Lead on creating our website content strategy. Ensure new content generated is appropriate for publishing, including writing accessible website content and proofreading content from junior team members
- Work collaboratively with our media agency and Search Manager to review combined SEO and PPC delivery, generate new keywords and ad copy, and review ongoing performance
- Lead our development agency to deliver the annual development road map for the website, including large-scale developments. You will plan and manage all the development cycles, prioritising work, ensuring it is brought in on time and on budget and that our high standards of design and UX are maintained, as well as our AA accessibility compliance rating
- Manage our UX programme across A/B testing and personalisation using appropriate tools like Google Optimise to ensure the user experience is a priority in web development
- Be the primary point of contact for our development agency, including acting as the internal point of contact for SEGB teams wishing to commission new development
- Manage the reporting framework that measures the effectiveness of the website and search, including regular reporting to internal senior stakeholders
- Lead the technical side of web tracking and development, including taking ownership of the tagging of our site and ongoing technical development
- Project manage the direct response campaign for the organisation and deliver timely reports of its performance through tracking of the onsite conversion it generates
- Develop web content, often in partnership with internal Smart Energy GB teams and our creative agencies, ensuring content is optimised for SEO and brand guidelines are met
- Manage the training of internal teams to use the CMS and individual sections of the website
- Line management of the Digital Assistant, with responsibility for their continuous development
Skills, experience and competencies
- Proven experience with online content management systems and analytics software, as well as campaign management and personalisation tools
- Able to develop copy and multimedia content for digital channels that adheres to our tone of voice, brand guidelines, accessibility standards and is optimised for SEO
- Background in Search strategy, with a focus on SEO
- Demonstrable experience of using Google Analytics (preferably GA4), Google Tag Manager and CMS systems
- Experience in personalisation and A/B testing of website content and functionality
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- A team player with a supportive approach to colleagues, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and external agencies
- Experience in digital project management, demonstrating the ability to independently manage multiple priorities, and work flexibly across channels
- Experience developing technical briefs for developers
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We use data to measure the effectiveness of our attraction and selection methods to ensure that they are fair and equitable and that opportunities at Smart Energy GB are accessible to people from all backgrounds.
We actively encourage applications from currently under-represented groups. We have identified ethnic minority, lower socio-economic background, disability and gender as the key areas we would like to focus our recruitment efforts in.
What do we do at Smart Energy GB to promote diversity and inclusion?
Every person who applies for a role at Smart Energy GB is asked to complete a diversity questionnaire and they are asked whether or not they consent to their diversity data being taken into consideration at the shortlisting stage. Please could you complete our short survey with your application (link to this survey is on the job description on our careers page. Please be redirected there by clicking apply).
1. Rooney Rule
We are building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the wider population, in terms of the representation of people from ethnic minority and lower socio-economic backgrounds.
If consent is given, of the candidates who meet the essential selection criteria for the role and who are from ethnic minority or lower socio-economic backgrounds, at least one will be shortlisted for the next stage in the recruitment process, which is usually an interview.
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description will be guaranteed an interview if consent is given for this data to be taken into consideration at the shortlisting stage.
If there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs please let us know. Our offices have full wheelchair access.
To apply for the role
Please click apply to be redirected to our careers page to view the full job description, email address to send application to and link to the Diversity survey.
Smart Energy GB is an equal opportunity employer and we track equal opportunity data to make our recruitment and selection practices as inclusive as possible. Please could you complete our short survey with your application (link to this survey is on the job description on our careers page. Please be redirected there by clicking apply).
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email us. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use. An audio/visual version is also available upon request.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.