Smart Works Greater Manchester is part of a UK charity that provides styling advice, high quality interview clothing and interview coaching to women from low income backgrounds seeking employment.
This position plays a key role in a very small staff team. You will provide effective support to the Manager in managing the adminisration of the Smart Works office to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of our service.
This role is part-time, Monday to Friday, 25 hours per week, 9.30 am to 2.30 pm. In addition, this role will require occasional evening work and holiday cover for the Manager
- Maintain all admin processes within the office and support the Manager with admin tasks.
- Provide administrative support to volunteers, referral partners, clients and other stakeholders
- Book, confirm and follow-up on client appointments
- Greet clients and ensure the office environment is welcoming and well-presented
- Monitor client success and feed back to volunteers
- Update the Smart Works database and contacts list.
- Prepare presentations, monthly reports and newsletters
- Assist the Manager with social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Maintain and update the Smart Works Greater Manchester website as required
- Cover for the Manager when on holiday/out of the office
- Open up and close the office as required
- Assist the Manager in the organisation of stock and stockroom, ensuring stock is efficiently organised and ready for clients
- Assist with events and other ad hoc duties as required
- Proven experience in a busy administrative role (voluntary or paid)
- Strong organisational administrative skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly personable with ability to communicate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Computer literate and proficient with MS Office - some experience of CRM systems is desirable
- Collating and formatting information and data for presentations, reports and newsletters
- Proactive self-starter, with some experience of working in small teams
- Confident in running a busy office
- Understanding of the third sector and empathy with Smart Works' ethos of women helping women
- Writing, scheduling and posting on social media platforms
- Some experience of working with volunteers
- Knowledge of graphic design software eg. Abode Creative Suite.
Applications should be submitted in the form of a CV and covering letter that clearly outlines your relevant skills for this role and your interest in joining our team at Smart Works Greater Manchester
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.