We are looking for an enthusiastic, personable and hard-working individual to join our small team, supporting us with fundraising activities and building relationships with supporters across the Thames Valley.
Smart Works Reading is part of a UK charity that provides styling advice, high quality interview clothing and interview training to women from low income backgrounds seeking employment. We give women the confidence, self-belief and the practical tools they require to succeed at interview and change the direction of their lives.
Smart Works began in London, we now have branches in Edinburgh, Manchester, Reading, Birmingham and Newcastle, and we continue to grow with a new branch in Leeds opening in November 2019.
At the core of the Smart Works service is a two-hour appointment during which time each client receives a complete outfit of high-quality clothes (theirs to keep) and dedicated one to one interview training. This intervention has a significant impact as our clients gain confidence and belief in their ability to succeed.
Our service is delivered by skilled, trained volunteers who commit their time to supporting our clients. Their reward is seeing the impact of unlocking a woman’s confidence and finding out that the woman they assisted has gone on to succeed at interview and moved forward with her life.
Responsibilities of the Role
Relationship Management and Building
- With existing and new corporate partners
- With existing and new retail partners
- With all other supporters
- Involved in the planning and logistics of events to various levels (depending on the event) with Chair and Trustee
- Coordination of event administration, including ticketing, project planning and tracking event financials
Funding Work with Trustees
- Small grant applications
- Local funding relations ie rotary, masons
- Supporting trustees with larger grant applications and monitoring
- Receipt of donations of clothing, accessories and money
- Management of thank you letters/acknowledgements
PR & Comms Management
- Management of comms volunteer team
- Coordinating social media posts
- Coordinating press releases
- Manage the website and updates
- Managing blogs
- Working with Service Delivery Manager on monthly email campaign
- Able to cover Service Delivery Manager holiday, training or other time out of the office
- Over one years’ experience in an events or marketing role
- Over one years’ experience in a relationship-building role
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Excellent telephone manner
- Confident in running a busy office when required
- Computer literate and proficient with MS Office - some experience of CRM systems is desirable
- Proactive self-starter, with some experience of working in small teams
- Full driving license and own vehicle
- Understanding of the third sector and sympathy with Smart Works’ ethos of women helping women
- Experience writing grant applications
- Experience working in the third sector
- Knowledge of the Thames Valley area
- Applications should be submitted in the form of a CV and covering letter.
- Closing date for applications is Tuesday 10th September.
- First interview dates are 17th and 18th of September.
- Second interview date will be 23rd September.