Smile Train is changing the world one smile at a time. We’re always on the hunt for curious, passionate, and innovative thinkers to join our team, to help us do what we do better. If that’s you, please read on.
Smile Train is an international charity headquartered in New York. Our mission is to transform the life of every person impacted by cleft lip and palate. We train and support doctors and medical professionals to provide free life-changing comprehensive cleft treatment to our beneficiaries. Our sustainable model has allowed us to reach 1.5 million children in 90+ countries to date and we’re just getting started. We are truly changing the world one smile at a time.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Direct Marketing to join our UK team. The incoming Senior Manager will be responsible for the acquisition and retention of individual donors based in the UK. This role oversees individual donor data for Smile Train’s fundraising operations in the UK including analytics across direct marketing channels. They will be the local subject matter in direct marketing and expert on all fundraising data and must be able to translate complex data into easy to understand takeaways for the Director and Trustees to ensure that Smile Train is able to raise funds to continue transforming the lives of our beneficiaries.
The Senior Manager, Direct Marketing will report to the Director of Fundraising, UK. This is a full-time staff position based at our office in London, starting as soon as possible.
- Develop engaging donor acquisition and stewardship campaigns
- Utilise data to inform and strategically target key donor segments
- Create and execute direct communications to our valued supporters
- Ensure all DM campaigns are completed on time and within budget
- Management of all campaign delivery, including post analysis
- Oversee new donor acquisition and monthly donor cultivation, by managing and working collaboratively with our agency partners
- Provide strategic direction on direct mail campaigns, working with our external agencies'
- Conduct testing to optimize creative and evaluate results to make data-driven decisions for future mail concepts
- Ensure all direct mail creative content is on brand
- Participate in weekly production call with creative and production agencies to review status of deliverables for all campaigns
- Approve all cost estimates by comparing spend to budget
- Process all invoices
- Oversee all aspects of Direct Response Television (DRTV) donor acquisition
- Management of external creative, media and contact centre agencies
- Strategic planning, performance monitoring and reporting
- Management of all monthly Direct Debit and other regular individual donations
- Working with external agencies, develop effective testing methodology to inform long term investment decisions
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a direct marketing role, proven track record in planning and delivering effective direct marketing campaigns across a range of channels including direct mail and digital
- Knowledge of a variety of fundraising channels including digital, email, social media, direct mail, and SMS
- Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, Charity Management, or related field
- Skilled with modern and traditional marketing and fundraising channels
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable using data to drive decision-making
- Fluency in CRM (e.g. Salesforce) is a huge asset
- Demonstrable organizational, professional, and problem-solving skills, and ability to facilitate collaboration across multiple teams
- Excellent project manager who can keep a team on track while juggling multiple priorities
- Experience of managing creative agencies, printers and external agencies
- Ability to communicate the impact of marketing and communications efforts with data
Smile Train is committed to diversity and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV, and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Smile Train and this role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but we encourage interested applicants to apply as soon as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.