Sponsored by the original SMILEY® Company, Smiley Movement is a non-profit, Community Interest Company (CIC) whose mission is to create #RealSmiles in the world by connecting other non-profits with organisations able to support them. Our vision is a world where people, communities and organisations work hand-in-hand to find answers to societal and environmental problems, making it a happier, more sustainable place.
We’re guided by the UN Sustainable Development Goals, and in our role as ‘matchmakers for good’ we build the technology, ecosystems and events that connect like minded changemakers, support non-profits and drive social impact.
The Role: We are a growing team and seeking a skilled Marketing & Engagement Coordinator to assist the Head of Content in running event promotional campaigns, creating marketing collateral, engaging with Smiley Movement community online and via social media and assisting in day-to-day marketing and engagement tasks. The role is primarily office-based with travel to event locations (UK-wide, mostly London).
The Ideal Candidate: A people’s person with a positive attitude and passion for creating inspiring and engaging marketing campaigns and collateral from concept to distribution. You will be an excellent communicator, a structured multi-tasker and efficient at planning and coordinating event promotional campaigns. You will be a self-starter with a flexible approach and enjoys working in a creative start-up environment. We are a small, purpose-driven team, looking for a like minded team-player that shares our values and looking to make a difference in their next role.
About Smiley TALKS
These free bi-monthly community events aim to shine a light on important issues that in our view, do not receive enough airtime and are linked to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Smiley TALKS aim to inspire grassroots activism by connecting people and organisations (students, academics, activists, non-profits, corporates, local authorities and members of the public) around a cause in an engaging and positively charged event designed to spark new ideas, collaborations and positive action. Each TALK attracts between 60-100 people, gaining momentum and repeat attendance, and we are looking to grow them organically over the next 12 months. TALKS are held in areas in the UK currently leading the way in social innovation such as London, Brighton, and Cambridge and we’re looking to branch out further in 2020.
- Deliver the Digital Engagement Strategy supported by the Head of Content
- Lead on Smiley TALKS promotion, research new target audiences & engage with on social media & achieve registration KPIs
- Manage communication between SM and its members across all channels (FB/IG/TW/LI/ Mail Chimp & [email protected] inbox)- invites, reminders, thank you's etc
- Lead on messaging and Comms both pre, during and post event
- Start Chat room discussions on each Event Page (threads & engage guests pre/post events)
- Drive traffic to our site (push out content created by HOC)
- Generate & analyse feedback reports from attendees at events
- Lead conversations with PR/advertising agencies about awareness raising campaigns
- Identify SEO and platform customisation opportunities to improve its overall performance
- Monitor & track performance of each platform and report back to Head of Content
- Manage Internal Comms to raise awareness of SM events to Smiley employees
- Develop objectives and KPIs for web content and engagement and test new ways of achieving KPIs and communicating with audiences
- Lead on website and external B2B mailings based on brand guidelines
- Writing press release after each Smiley TALKS (signed off by HOC)
- Identify national days on the political calendar and share with team 3-6 months in advance in order to schedule timely events/communications
Skills and Requirements (Essential)
- Degree in Media, Journalism, Communications or equivalent
- Experience delivering engaging digital & social media campaigns
- Experience working in a similar marketing role
- Excellent copywriting, proofreading and editing skills
- Flexible, solution-focused approach able to think on your feet under pressure
- Available to work two evenings a month (6-10pm), compensated with time in lieu
- Approachable and friendly, able to work well in a team and on your own initiative
- We are looking for a creative, bright, purpose-driven multitasker ready to go the extra mile to ensure our events attract the right quality and quantity of target audiences
- InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, WordPress
- Knowledge of the UK non-profit, volunteer sector will be considered an asset
- We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
- If you're interested in applying please send us your CV and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- A personal & a professional reference will be required at interview stage
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.