Be part of friendly and supportive team looking after disabled children aged 8-18yrs at our Saturday Clubs and holiday playschemes in Sittingbourne, Herne Bay and Folkestone.
You will be expected to:
- Help provide age appropriate activities on a 1:1 basis but within a group setting, aiming to enhance their life experiences and improving individual skills e.g. speech, socialisation, wherever possible.
- Attend to their daily living needs including personal hygiene, managing challenging behaviour and other support including lifting.
- Be friendly, welcoming and supportive to parents and carers
- Be actively involved in the written evaluation at the end of each session in order to provide valuable feedback to the Project Manager, Board of Directors and funders.
- Have previous experience of working with children and young people
- Have a good understanding of matters relating to safeguarding of children in terms of their health, safety, welfare and mental wellbeing.
- Work at least one Saturday a month and regularly during Easter and summer school holidays and be able to attend training as required.