Sobell House Hospice Charity Ltd
Post: Individual Giving Fundraiser Directorate: Fundraising
Reporting to: Individual Giving Manager
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Hours of work: 37.5 hours. Annual leave: 33 days including Bank Holidays
This position is subject to a six-month probationary period.
This is an exciting new role in the Sobell House Hospice fundraising team. Over the last year we have seen some fantastic results in Individual Giving and we have ambitious plans to build on this success over the next years. Despite raising in the region of £600,000 a year, our Individual Giving programme is very much in its infancy and this role will be critical in helping us to grow and develop it to meet its full potential.
Support the delivery of Sobell House’s Individual Giving fundraising, to meet income targets and to grow income from individual supporters. In addition to helping to deliver our fundraising appeals and initiatives, this role will be responsible for making sure our individual donors receive excellent supporter care, so that we can build positive and long-lasting relationships with our supporters.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. To work with the Individual Giving Manager to deliver our ambitious Individual Giving income targets.
2. To ensure that our individual donors receive excellent supporter care;
• Send thank you letters, emails and make phone calls to our individual donors, with support from the Supporter Services team.
• Work with the Individual Giving Manager to develop and implement supporter journey’s which maximise income and engagement with the hospice.
• To provide an exceptional level of customer care to ensure that relationships with individual donors are maintained and developed.
• Put the supporter at the centre of everything we do, providing them with the best possible experience.
3. Work with the Local Hospice Lottery to acquire and retain players for Sobell House. This will consist of supporting them to deliver their face to face acquisition and digital marketing, and training our fundraisers about Sobell House’s work and values.
4. Support the delivery of our individual giving activity including our new appeals programme, in memory giving initiatives (including our Lights of Love event, memory tree and tribute funds), and regular giving recruitment and acquisition.
5. Work with the Individual Giving Manager to develop supporter communications and multi-channel fundraising campaigns which fully utilise our social media and digital tools to enhance Individual Giving activity.
6. To undertake any other reasonable duties that may be appropriate in order to help achieve the Charities income objectives.
Please note: From time to time you may be required to attend fundraising events outside of normal working hours.
• Passion to make a difference, and commitment to the values of Sobell House
• At least 1 years’ experience in a direct marketing or fundraising role
• Experience of managing projects, and meeting deadlines or targets
• Good interpersonal skills – the ability to show care, compassion and a positive attitude to people
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent communicator with the ability to build good relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, and to work cross-departmentally and collaboratively
• A good performance ethic, driven and motivated towards the achievement of targets
• Good organisational skills - the ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and work on own initiative
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good IT skills, in particular proficient in the use of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Individual giving fundraising experience
• A fundraising qualification
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Fundraising
• Experience of using a CRM database
• Proficient in the use of Adobe InDesign
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.