Social Bite is a sandwich shop with a difference. Every day we provide free food to 150 people from the homeless community in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. We work to end people’s isolation and exclusion by helping them to overcome barriers.
We are looking for a special someone to run our Social Bite Events in Edinburgh and engage with people who have been affected by homelessness in volunteering and employment opportunities.
Our Social Impact Team is energetic and enthusiastic with a passion and commitment to improving the lives of people who are vulnerable. This is a job for someone who loves variety – every day brings something new.
You will come with experience in working to support and develop individuals with multiple/complex needs and a desire to join our collaborative movement to end homelessness. You will build positive relationships with volunteers and external partners. You will show your love for food preparation and using food as a tool to engage with people.
You will enjoy taking your own initiative but also working as a part of the team. You will travel around our various locations. You will be resilient, always bringing a smile and can-do attitude to your work.
We need you to be:
• A person who has good knowledge and minimum of two experience of working with vulnerable adults and challenging situations
• A person who can quickly build strong relationships for developing effective internal relationships and partnerships with a range of charities
• Flexible with willingness to learn
• Passionate about people with a drive to make a change
If this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you.
Please sent your CV and cover letter to apply for this position. In your cover letter, please address the following points:
• Why would you like to join Social Bite team?
• How important do you think building relationships with individuals is? Can you demonstrate your ability to engage with people using some examples?
• Can you please demonstrate what experience of running volunteers’ led events do you have?
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.