Work with us to expand our reach and support by joining our busy business development department, and ultimately help us have a positive impact on people’s lives. This exciting opportunity is majority home-based, but you must have the ability to travel to London for staff meetings when necessary.
Social care is one of the most important issues we face. Our passion at Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) is to improve the lives of people who use services and their carers. We do this by sharing knowledge of what works through our innovative resources and commercial services, including training and consultancy.
Our values underpin everything we do to deliver our mission, and drive the culture we want to work in.
- Progressive – always learning and developing
- Inclusive – working together for equality, diversity and fairness
- Credible – evidence-based, robust and reliable
- Transparent – open and honest
- Committed – focused on making a difference to people’s lives.
This is a great opportunity to work closely as part of a small, friendly and supportive sales and marketing team.
We are looking for enthusiastic, and ambitious people with recent experience in administrative support and business to business sales roles. Successful candidates will:
- Be passionate about SCIE’s goals and priorities, and will bring a positive attitude and collaborative spirit to help us to achieve them.
- Have a client focused approach, working closely with clients and being responsive and flexible to their needs using excellent communication skills
- Be able to work collaboratively as part of a small team and more broadly across the wider organisation
- Be highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Be confident using a range of IT, especially MS Office and CRM systems, and willing and able to learn using new software and platforms
- Be open to development opportunities
We also welcome proactivity, and we want to hear your ideas about how we can improve and work more effectively.
We value diversity in our workforce and are committed to equal opportunities.
You must already have the right to work in the UK.
Post: Business Development Coordinator
Reports to: Business Development Manager
To contribute to increased income generation through provision of sales and admin support to the business development team. Working with colleagues in business development, delivery and marketing to respond to enquiries and support the sales process. Current b2b sales activities will focus on customers within:
- Local authorities
- Care providers
- Health organisations
All activity will be driven by income targets, and coordinated with SCIE’s wider business plan and commercial priorities.
- Supporting the implementation of sales campaigns- collating and responding to enquiries gerenated via sales and marketing activities
- Working with colleagues in the marketing team to identify, develop and qualify leads
- Working closely with existing and new clients to promote products and services across our full commercial portfolio,
- Supporting bids process- identifying bid opportunities and providing administrative support to ensure the timely completetion of tenders
- Bringing new ideas to the sales process, to improve effectiveness and increase sales
- Maintaining accurate and up to date sales information and updating systems- on CRM and producing regular reports and ensuring all information is stored acurately
- Continual development of sector knowledge and where appropriate attending events to develop contacts and identify new leads
1. Have fun and challenge yourself at work, model the charity’s values and abide by our policies and practices.
2. Embrace diversity and share in our commitment to equality of opportunity and to eliminating discrimination.
3. Work flexibly and positively contributing to good team working and the delivery of the SCIE’s objectives through matrix working.
4. Show a clear commitment to working with people with lived experience and carers in a sensitive and non-judgmental way to facilitate positive working relationships.
5. Share in our commitment to safeguarding adults at risk of harm.
6. Ensure that information is obtained, used and stored in accordance with our Data Protection and Confidentiality policy
7. Other tasks as may be required, commensurate with the level of the post
This job description describes the principal purpose and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of tasks.
- Client focused with the ability to work flexibly to meet their needs
- Exceptional communication skills, confidence in communicating key messages via written proposals, over the telephone and face to face, with the ability to listen and understand customer needs
- Highly organised and process driven, able to support a busy sales team through accurate recording and reporting of information
- Working closely with and across teams to effectively contribute to the process of identifying, selling and delivering a service
- Understanding of sales methods and how to apply them in different settings
- Good general standard of education
- Two years b2b sales or admin experience, preferably in the charity, health or care sector
- Experience of supporting and playing active part in a sales processes
- Using data to develop and present sales reports, highlighting key information and contributing to analysis
- Experienced in using a range of IT, particularly CRM systems and MS Office
- Proven ability to work with others and work as part of a team.
- Confidence to communicate ideas effectively
- Proactive, ambitious, and positive
- Systematic and analytical with good attention to detail
- A clear understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities and diversity, and the commitment to promote high standards of conduct, integrity and probity
- Awareness of social care, with an interest in learning about public sector/social care developments and how they relate to SCIE
To apply, please complete the application form, or if the form is not accessible for you, we would be pleased to accept a full curriculum vitae (CV) and a covering letter explaining why you would be ideal for this role and addressing all the points in the person specification for the role.
We value diversity in our workforce and are committed to equal opportunities. If you would like to apply, please consider also completing and returning our equality, diversity and inclusion monitoring form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.